Birthday and Superbowl

Options
Any advice on how not to overeat? My birthday is Friday and the Superbowl is Sunday, and I can just feel triggers, fried food and cake. Any advice?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Identify the things that you really want to try, decide the quantity you're going to eat, and make your plan.

If you're going to a party, make sure there are things you can eat that will fit your plan (even if you wind up bringing them yourself).
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water to help you feel full...
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Enjoy and start back on Monday?
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Fit the food into your daily calories, or just eat what you want and go back to your plan next Monday.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Identify the things that you really want to try, decide the quantity you're going to eat, and make your plan.

If you're going to a party, make sure there are things you can eat that will fit your plan (even if you wind up bringing them yourself).

Yep, yep, yep.

I would pick a few things that I was going to eat and just not worry about counting the calories if it was my birthday. Cake, I'd eat and not worry about it. Um, that's probably it really because I just love cake. But yes, identify what it is that you really want and eat those.

I can step up to a buffet and 70% is stuff that doesn't interest me because I either flat out don't like it or it's stuff I can have any time. 25% will be foods that I want to try and I will, in moderation. 5% (usually one item) will be something that makes my brain go "wow, I have to try that!" So be a bit discerning and look at what all is offered before starting to fill up your plate.
  • mandiegold941
    mandiegold941 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I find balancing alcohol and weight loss hard too. It adds up so fast .
  • carmkizzle
    carmkizzle Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I always think about how disgusting I'd feel, how tight my belly will be, and how hard it will be to breathe if I eat too much. Every single time I feel like "oh, I'll try just one more of this or a little bit more of that" I pay for it. It just isn't worth it to me to feel stuffed. I wouldn't even worry about the calories all that much for those special occasions, but I'd make sure I'm not stuffing myself with food just because it's there.
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Eat under calories goals this week then Eat Drink and be Merry ???
  • C_Stretton
    C_Stretton Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Mine is on Saturday. My husband is throwing me an official super-birthday-bowl party, so it'll just be a one day free-for-all for me and I'll pick things back up on Monday. Happy birthday and enjoy.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Stay away from triggers. Celebrating with fast food sounds awful to me :sick: but I guess some people do that. Why not just make some healthier snacks that sound tasty?

Open Google and type in "low calorie football snacks" and start browsing for something to strikes your fancy.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I find balancing alcohol and weight loss hard too. It adds up so fast .

ive lost 80 pounds and drink like a a fish.

well, on the weekends. ;)

its a big weekend. eat and drink in moderation and cut yourself a break.