Chocolate Cravings

Options
I love chocolate! And I love cookies! I need an awesome substitute that will help me break this bad habit :)

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Two options -

1. Find a "substitute" and use that to break a habit. Hopefully for the rest of your life.
    Mayan Cocoa Spice tea is yummy.

2. Eat real chocolate in small portions. Log what you eat. Learn to manage portion sizes. Hopefully for the rest of your life. I like Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate squares - more chocolatey goodness, less sugar. Individually wrapped so I don't go crazy.

• hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Use 100% pure coco powder and add it to food such as Yogurt and Oatmeal, Also make your own chocolate with Stevia and coconut oil.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Two options -

1. Find a "substitute" and use that to break a habit. Hopefully for the rest of your life.
    Mayan Cocoa Spice tea is yummy.

2. Eat real chocolate in small portions. Log what you eat. Learn to manage portion sizes. Hopefully for the rest of your life. I like Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate squares - more chocolatey goodness, less sugar. Individually wrapped so I don't go crazy.

This.

Also chocolate protein powder is awesome.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Eat chocolate and cookies within the realms of your calorie and macronutritional goals.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Have you tried those little 100 calorie packs of cookies?
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,981 Member
    Options
    I eat one or two 50-70 calorie Ghiradelli squares after dinner every night. But after adopting these practices, I no longer have cravings:

1. Get sufficient sleep
    2. Exercise regularly - when I get the happy hormones from exercise, I'm not prone to seeking them from food.
    3. Get sufficient protein in relationship to carbs. I'm not low carb, but reducing carbs and upping protein worked for cravings for me.
    4. Eat moderate amounts of fruit
    5. Take a magnesium supplement. This can be especially helpful for women premenstrually.

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    chocolate chia seed pudding
    black bean brownies
    have some servings of chocolate chips or dark chocolate bar
    chocolate clif bars

• GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I am a huge chocolate fan myself! I still eat it almost every day but in much smaller amounts. I find that once you get into a habit of it, it's really enough to get you satisfied.
    If you really want a substitute, try banana cocoa smoothie. Name says it all, banana, cocoa and milk blended together in a yummy chocolatey treat! If you use frozen bananas you can make it into ice cream as well.
  • toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    best chocolate substitute: chocolate. fit it in.
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Cocoa powder + flour + stevia + (almond) milk and/or (sugar free) syrup. Have to play with the proportions. Super low cal, very chocolatey. Smashes my chocolate cravings.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I keep dark chocolate squares, hershey's kisses, and shasha cocoa crisps for when I need a chocolate fix. Usually a piece/square or a few crisps do the trick.