Getting fit by 40!

Options
Hi. I'm 39. This year is my big FOUR-OH!! Yikes. I want to lose some pounds and gain some muscle. Looking for motivated people who share their food diary and post regularly. I really need the motivation. I also do CrossFit and Mud Runs if there's anyone into that stuff :) Common interests and/or goals seems like it would be motivating!

Replies

• fotogyrl25
    fotogyrl25 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I will be 40 in March and am looking for some support too. My diary is open and I post every day.
  • IsaCaliBel
    IsaCaliBel Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same mission.... Fit by Forty!!!! I started a couple years ago have lost about 60 lbs so far. My 40th birthday is in Oct and I plan on being in the best shape I've ever been. I still have about 35 lbs to lose but also doing my best to maintain as muscle as possible. I lift and do mostly HIIT and circuit training type workouts.

73529108.png
  • Healthyclimber
    Healthyclimber Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 in October. My goal is 140 by 40! Adding you :)
  • Yellowon02
    Yellowon02 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
  • JenChance76
    JenChance76 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I've added everyone. Let's get this done :smile:
  • tifftaffy
    tifftaffy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Can I join?! Will be 40 in December, and would love to drop 40 pounds by then! I figure I'll meet that goal if I lose around 4 pounds a month :)
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I CrossFit 5-6 days a week and love it. I just turned 46 last month, so I've got you beat my a touch. On the other hand, I've never felt younger or been stronger. I've never done a Mud Run but would love to. I'm also intrigued by GORUCK, but not sure I want to spend all the money to give that a shot.

I am no longer trying to lose weight. I'm working on gaining weight (muscle), but if you need encouragement and like to share CF accomplishments, check out my Profile and feel free to Friend me if you aren't scared away :wink: