Sweet, chewy, low-cal snacks

Options
nspink22
nspink22 Posts: 83 Member
This may be asking for a lot, but does anyone have any ideas for low-cal, sweet, chewy snacks?

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Starburst fruit chews.
  • LucyMcd1
    LucyMcd1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    They may sound unhealthy but Rollos, If you don't know they are caramel on the inside and chocolate on the outside but they are 'healthy' to a point. Oh and if you freeze a banana and then mush it up (like ice-cream) that is sort of chewy and sweet. Hope this helps!
  • klemjordan
    Options
    I love strawberry twizzlers they are low in fat and 3 pieces which is half a serving size is 75 calories.
  • rachso
    rachso Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    granola bars and my weakness...twizzlers!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Raisins, mixed with peanuts and semi-sweet chocolate chips is super yummy and satisfying :smile:
  • ferretwembley
    Options
    dried blueberries are nice, if you can find them without added sugars. fresh raspberries and blackberries have very few calories, but i'm not sure I'd say they're very chewy. jerky, if you like it.
  • nspink22
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I have a weakness for Snickers and Rice Krispie bars and need some better options.
  • spangolin
    spangolin Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    frozen banana slices
    cereal
    dried pineapple
    prunes
    frozen grapes
  • emmarosegibson
    emmarosegibson Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I get the weekly graze boxes and I just had some berry flapjack which was great. Also the toffee apple is good for a sweet tooth x
  • stephaniefiteni
    stephaniefiteni Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    1. Jelly Lite - Its sweet and has 0 carbs, fat and sugar.
    2. Stevia sweetener - Its natural - I use it everyday either in my coffee or oats in the morning
    3. Coke zero - I have this regularly
    4. Dessert delights chewies - you can order them from the net or buy them from a 'suga' lolly store. They have all sorts of flavours such as apple pie, strawberry short stack, mint ice cream.. etc
    5. Milk flavourings sugar free - you can buy banana, strawberry and chocolate flavourings/sweeteners that have next to nothing sugar levels - I add them in my protein shakes for flavour to give me a variety with ''vanilla'' powder.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to curly wurlies?

They are caramel and chocolate bars, around 100 cal and huge. Like 30cm long
  • nspink22
    Options

I've never heard of them, but they sound good! I'll have to look in to that...
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    snickers ice cream bars only have 180 calories a piece
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Quest bars! They are a god send. They come in so many flavors (peanut butter chocolate, strawberry cheesecake, etc) and are all around 180 calories. Nothing artificial or sugary in them either like most bars. Low carb and high in protein.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Sugar free gum
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options
    Not terribly low-cal, but there are lots of chewy fruit snacks for children, often for about 50 - 65 cals a portion/bag. Fruit Factory make some, but I've seen others. They are very chewy and they vaguely tick a healthy box, being made out of fruit. Sort of.
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I love Fiber One Chewy bars when in a pinch. They come in delicious flavors and if I'm traveling and can't eat how I want to, they help me out in the fiber department. They don't taste healthy, either, which is a huge plus!
  • SavvyShannondeBarros
    Options
    Take a banana, slice it and leave it in the freezer for 2 hours :smile: You can even add some peanut butter! It's chewy, tastes so sweet and creamy and is only 80cals! :flowerforyou:
  • Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are CANDY is disguise of healthiness! You will not realize it is actually not a regular candy bar. Atkins chocolate covered coconut bar is basically a 'Mounds Bar' minus the sugars!
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options

I've never heard of them, but they sound good! I'll have to look in to that...

They're Cadbury's. Another good Cadbury's one is Chomps.