Looking for support

Options
Hey everyone. I'm Megan and I'm 24 living near Boston ma... I have tried so many times to lose weight, and last year I did pretty well. Was down 40 lbs in a little over 2 months. Then stress and life happened and I gained it all back plus some. I am working on going to the gym 3 days a week for cardio and trying to eat healthier/ drink more water but I'm just not motivated at all and my family doesn't support me. Could really use some support or motivation.

Replies

• erinmcardle9606
    erinmcardle9606 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Megan! Here's the thing, only you can make a difference- if you're not happy with your weight or your lifestyle, change it! :D I totally understand where you are coming from in terms of stress and life in general, we all experience it but like I said before, only we ourselves can make a change. At the beginning of last year I lost over a stone and was hitting the gym 5 days a week, eating relatively healthy and then the weather got cold, I made excuses and I just lost my motivation. However, I am feeling super motivated again to reach my goals and become a better and healthier version of me. I looked back at my past progress photos, looked at my body measurements from before and I decided that I wanted to get back at it- go hard or go home :P It's going to take time, but I completely believe that the both of us can succeed and reach our goals, whatever they may be :)

Good luck on your fitness journey :)
  • KittyInBoots
    KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    i started the same way, just a few months ago. I wanted to lose weight, and still do-LOL- but had no idea how to start. I have done the exercise thing, and eating salads thing... none of it worked until I joined this. At first I had no clue how to stay under my calorie limit. I went over for awhile, day after day. i found out I would have to adjust, so I lowered portions of what i was already eating...I didn't NEED seconds. i slowed down eating and really enjoy every bite. I fit in junk food so that I wouldn't binge on it later. It is much easier now!

I've got a long ways to go but I've lost 25lbs in two months. So you can totally do this!!! I'll send you a request and we can help each other out!

• z85silver
    z85silver Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    One day at a time, i decided on Jan 2nd that i was going to make a change i have not had any beer (my favorite vice) since or anything with sugar, my main food has been fruit of all kinds and Whey protein i am down 17 lbs in 30 days. And i do take spin classes a couple of times a week. Once you make up your mind go for it full bore don't look back.