Weight watchers calorie/points issue.

Options
I posted here a while back about the fact that even though I eat all of my points, It works out to only 700-800 calories. I was told that I need to cut down fat and have more fibre but I'm struggling a bit.

Today I decided to just try and eat more calories and consumed just under 1000, but my points worked out to be 31!!! Way over!

Here is what I had -

Breakfast
WW malted danish bread (the 1 point bread)
A teaspoon of hartleys jam

lunch
WW malted danish bread x2
Red lion cooked ham
philadelphia light chives - no more than 30g
Ski strawberry mousse yogurt

Dinner
6 cherry tomatoes
Green pepper
1 onion
quarter of a sweet potato
2 teaspoons of olive oil
1 chicken breast
1 rasher of bacon
light philadelphia with garlic and herbs - about 50g
One slice of garlic bread (which was naughty but I was trying to up my calorie intake)

Snack
Ski strawberry mousse yogurt

How has this come to 31pp and yet not even 1000 calories. I'm just so rubbish at diets :frown: If anyone can help that would be great!
Thank you!

Replies

• MerBear1985
    MerBear1985 Posts: 131
    Options
    It has to do with the way WW points are calculated. They use the different macros in the food to come up with a value. I did WW a couple years ago, just after they came out with fruits and veggies as 0 points. I would eat my daily points, all my extra and still go into the red almost every week and still lose. I found it just didn't work for me because it wasn't realistic. WW was too much of a diet for me, I need to change my lifestyle :)
  • ProjectJepo
    Options
    Don't bother using weight watchers... Just use myfitnesspal.
  • ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I recently stopped WW before joining MFP. Remember that you can use your weekly points too - I always did because the 26 I was allowed per day was not sustainable for me. I think you may not be eating enough; also, try eating more protein. Our leader used to say that if you are stuck, then you need to change something - either eat different or exercise more.