XBox Fitness

complexicality
complexicality Posts: 3 Member
edited February 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi folks!

Anyone else on XBF? I try to workout 3x per week using the mossa groove workouts and a few others. What are some of you favorites? Add me to build out your leaderboard :D #friendlycompetition #accountability # losingcanbefun

GT: complexicality

Replies

• missmeggie20
    missmeggie20 Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2016
    I am! I need some motivation!
  • darrinotoole
    darrinotoole Posts: 24 Member
    Yep. I'm an insanity freak on there, and some mossa fight. GT Earthruler33
  • beckyjopdx
    beckyjopdx Posts: 25 Member
    I am and have been for quite awhile - in fact when I first did a search here on MFP I couldn't find anyone else using the kinect/fitness app. So cool to find more people using it. I have all but 1 of Jillian Michael's stuff, the new YO:30 is really freakin' good, and I have P90X which is a total butt kicker - did 45 cardio + did the upper body today and I'm dying. The kids and I will do the Just Dance and Zumba sometimes too for giggles. I'm beckyjopdx.
  • ScoobaChick
    ScoobaChick Posts: 186 Member
    I do Zumba Rush daily on my XBOX 360 but I have never heard of XBF. What is it?
  • beckyjopdx
    I do Zumba Rush daily on my XBOX 360 but I have never heard of XBF. What is it?

It's an app in the games section on Xbox One....I don't know if it's on 360. Then within that app, there are free and for purchase workouts much like the DVD workouts you can buy from celeb trainers, etc. Almost all of my gamer points are Fitness Points because I don't actually 'game' often, but when I DO, I do happen to have the Zumba and the Just Dance in regular game form (Zumba is also in the fitness app in a different form) and they're really fun too.

The primary difference is IF you have the KINECT hooked up to your Xbox One, it checks form, calories, gives points, etc. in the XBF.

Alternatively, I have a MS Band and it tracks my calories WAY better and I tend to leave my Band calories logged in MFP as opposed to my Xbox calories. Frankly, the KINECT only picks me up if I'm not on the floor and a quarter of moves in any given program are going to be on the floor.

So, are you missing out? Not if you're doing it all anyway and have another way to track calories anyway. I bought P90X and it's $60 for about 1/3 of the full program if you were to buy it through the P90X site - I don't get all 15 or whatever workouts or the nutritional crap, I get something like 6 made custom for Xbox.

Beats going to the gym - I can workout on my time, with my kids around home and take a shower in my place - all while doing laundry. lol
  • ScoobaChick
    ScoobaChick Posts: 186 Member
    Thank you. The kids are clamouring for an XBOX One so there is probably one in the distant future but I doubt it will be justified before Christmas.

I guess now I also want one so the probablity that they will get one has just increased slightly lol!

Thank you Becky! :)
  • mustangEvie
    mustangEvie Posts: 39 Member
    I started the UFC Training on XBOX 360- it's a great workout and lots of fun. I'll have to look for XBF.
  • beckyjopdx
    Thank you. The kids are clamouring for an XBOX One so there is probably one in the distant future but I doubt it will be justified before Christmas.

I guess now I also want one so the probablity that they will get one has just increased slightly lol!

Thank you Becky! :)
    you're welcome, AND I was wrong - I just didn't check my junk email folder. I DID get access to the whole P90X meals and calendars with my $60 (less with credits earned by just using Bing). so...really, overall, I think it's a good deal. I've modified my caloric intake and category percentages to more align with the P90X system and so far, so good. Certainly more muscle build, and I can see better how to align fat, carbs and protein based on muscle build and energy needs. I'm not one to become a P90X evangelist, but I do think it is a solid purchase.