Calories to intake

Options
jakeziskin1
jakeziskin1 Posts: 175 Member
edited February 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I was curious how many calories I should eat to lose weight. I am 28 and weigh 192lbs. I usually eat 1400-1700 a day. I honestly am not to hungry and I seem to do just fine with1500 but idk if I'm losing the right way. I know it's not to much but that's all I eat so that's all I can do. Thanks!

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    1500 is the lowest recommended minimum for men. You could lose weight this way, but healthier weight loss helps you support existing lean muscle (and lose a higher percentage of fat). Because 1500 is low, it's more appropriate for older, shorter men. I know that you are not old, but I'm not sure if you're short.

Calorie dense foods (nuts, nut butters, olive oil, avocado, eggs, full fat dairy) can bump up your calories easily.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    My guess is that you can eat a lot more. I am a 5'10" male who is pushing 50 and I lose easily at 2100 calories a day. You are a lot younger than me. How many calories does MFP give you if you go for a 1 pound per week goal?
  • jakeziskin1
    Options
    It says I should eat 1900 a day. Like I said I usually only eat 1500 a day and lose 500 a day from the gym.some days I may eat alittle more but my body just doesn't feel hungry. I've been doing this same diet for over 3 months and have went from 245-190lbs. I'm currently 20% body fat and am looking o drop to 7-8% and drop weight from 190-175 that's my goal.
  • jakeziskin1
    Options
    In regards to the gym, I go Monday through Friday most weeks. Some weeks I may go only 4xs and other weeks I go 6xs. . I use the olyptical, treadmill, lift weights, sauna, pool, jacuzzi, those are my daily work outs.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Yep -1600 prob about right.