365 days on MFP, 80 lbs gone!

Options
What a year it's been!! I started using MFP again on February 1st 2015 when my newest baby was 1 month old. He's the youngest of my 4 kids, ages 6 and under. I had been putting off weight loss for so many years because of pregnancy and breastfeeding and I decided that I had had enough of being overweight. MFP has been a godsend for me. I love that I can eat whatever and whenever I want as long as I stay under my calories. When I first started, my only motivation for exercising was because I got to eat more calories. But somewhere along the way I discovered a love for fitness and I love how my body looks and feels now. I can't believe I have muscles! I barely recognize my body at this point. For anyone who is wondering, I purchased a set of adjustable weights and I work-out in my basement using Fitness Blender videos (free on youtube!). I do a combination of cardio, strength training, and HIIT. I am active with my kids as well.

So here are my stats just so you get a picture of my progress!

Height: 5'2.5"
SW: 212
CW: 131
GW: 125-130 (with more of a focus on fitness rather than the actual number on the scale)

I did maintain from about October through December because of extreme stress in my family life. I'm really proud of myself that I was able to maintain during a time period that was easily the most stressful time I've ever experienced. It would have been easy to just give up and turn back to over eating but I didn't. I think that more than anything tells me that this is something I can do forever.

Pictures!

mnc3sdzgdmdn.jpg

Mommy and baby selfies! The first was me and my little guy right before starting MFP, and the other one is one of us from today. We've both changed in a year. :)

r3m1wyffg8mc.jpg

Replies

• determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job! You look awesome.
  • Teemoney19
    Teemoney19 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Outstanding ....thanks for sharing your story
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Congrats keep up the good work
  • raqueldoolittle
    raqueldoolittle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So proud of you! I am very inspired!
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • OzarkLady76
    OzarkLady76 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's awesome!
  • hasmith85
    hasmith85 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting your story, I am currently 202lbs and I also have a goal weight of 125-30. I hope to have the same success story as you a year from now. Thx!
  • Lallen377
    Lallen377 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Great job!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Wow....great transformation and dedication! Well done :)
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Super job! I had 4 babies under 6 & that is no easy job!
  • ty_fit0815
    ty_fit0815 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Awesome sauce!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    With four kids?!? You are SUPER WOMAN!!! Great work!
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    What a year it's been!! I started using MFP again on February 1st 2015 when my newest baby was 1 month old. He's the youngest of my 4 kids, ages 6 and under. I had been putting off weight loss for so many years because of pregnancy and breastfeeding and I decided that I had had enough of being overweight. MFP has been a godsend for me. I love that I can eat whatever and whenever I want as long as I stay under my calories. When I first started, my only motivation for exercising was because I got to eat more calories. But somewhere along the way I discovered a love for fitness and I love how my body looks and feels now. I can't believe I have muscles! I barely recognize my body at this point. For anyone who is wondering, I purchased a set of adjustable weights and I work-out in my basement using Fitness Blender videos (free on youtube!). I do a combination of cardio, strength training, and HIIT. I am active with my kids as well.

GW: 125-130 (with more of a focus on fitness rather than the actual number on the scale)

I did maintain from about October through December because of extreme stress in my family life. I'm really proud of myself that I was able to maintain during a time period that was easily the most stressful time I've ever experienced. It would have been easy to just give up and turn back to over eating but I didn't. I think that more than anything tells me that this is something I can do forever.

Pictures!

mnc3sdzgdmdn.jpg

Mommy and baby selfies! The first was me and my little guy right before starting MFP, and the other one is one of us from today. We've both changed in a year. :)

r3m1wyffg8mc.jpg

What kind of adjustable weights did you buy? something that is comfortable when you grip with hands?
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Pictures!

mnc3sdzgdmdn.jpg

r3m1wyffg8mc.jpg

Congrats! you look great! :)
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fabulous! You're an inspiration to me. I'm 5'3", started at 240 lbs, currently at 191.6, on my way to 140 (as a starting goal). Great job!!
  • quietandmildspirit
    Options
    Great job! And I think your baby is so cute.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are the queen of "no excuses"....4 small children would have been a perfectly reasonable excuse to put it off a bit longer. Nice work!
  • TammyLML
    TammyLML Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    That is FAN-TAS-TIC!!!!! Bravo on a spectacular year! <3
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You should share your success story with Daniel and Kelli too!
  • VictoryGarden
    VictoryGarden Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    WTG, momma! You're a great inspiration for all of us moms!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!