Lost 4 pounds - IN ONE DAY!!!

Options
allenpriest
allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
edited February 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Really it was JUST 8 HOURS!!!

See I weighed right before I went to bed and after sleeping through the night, then getting up and going to the can, I weighed again and I was 4 POUNDS LIGHTER!!!

What does it mean????

Nothing. Nada. Not a darn thing.

See I know weight loss is not linear and it is long term. Short term fluctuations happen and mean nothing.

So I guess I will scrap the book I was going to write - How to Sleep Your Way to A New You, An Idiot's Guide to Weight Loss.

And I'll keep logging what I eat, eating less and moving more. 25 months down and I figure only 18-24 months left to goal.

Replies

• CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss! Like, the real one, 25 months is GREAT, your perseverance is showing ;)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    So you're saying sleep is your weight loss secret? And you're telling us this for free?

I figure you could at least get a series of lucrative infomercial sales out of this thing.
  • stang02
    stang02 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I think a Kickstarter for your book is in order. It'll sell like low-carb hotcakes.
  • BoaRestrictor
    BoaRestrictor Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have started weighing myself daily. I lose 2lbs gain 3 lose 4 gain 2 ect. 1 step back 2 steps forward.
  • allenpriest
    Options
    So you're saying sleep is your weight loss secret? And you're telling us this for free?

I figure you could at least get a series of lucrative infomercial sales out of this thing.

Well, sleep and poop! ;)
  • allenpriest
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss! Like, the real one, 25 months is GREAT, your perseverance is showing ;)

I learned it is a marathon and not a sprint.

That won't sell books though.

• ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options

Well, sleep and poop! ;)

Ahh the old sleep and poop weight loss programme my old friend. So many actual programmes are based on this, that's what's funny! Any 'teatox' for example!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    77596yir1mqd.jpg

LOL
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    How to Sleep Your Way to A New You, An Idiot's Guide to Weight Loss.

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

• krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options

Ssshhh! One of us could steal the idea and get really rich!
  • angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Were those numbers you haven't seen yet since starting your weight loss? Or are they the same numbers you see when your weight fluctuates?
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    The title of this thread is somewhat misleading. I believed you. Now I am so disillusioned.

I need a Baby Ruth bar. It looks like a poop. Does that count for anything??
  • allenpriest
    Options
    Mavrick_RN wrote: »
    The title of this thread is somewhat misleading. I believed you. Now I am so disillusioned.

I need a Baby Ruth bar. It looks like a poop. Does that count for anything??

It does in the Caddyshack.
  • allenpriest
    edited February 2016
    Options
    angellll12 wrote: »
    Were those numbers you haven't seen yet since starting your weight loss? Or are they the same numbers you see when your weight fluctuates?

I've been in a pretty steady decline over time. Of course I started way north of 400 pounds. Sure it fluctuates over a few days at a time, but I don't pay that much attention.

In fact the only reason I was weighing in the evening was that I got a new scale. I want to weigh in the morning when it is the lowest! :) (and when I can be most consistent in the time I weigh in)

• angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    Options

I've been in a pretty steady decline over time. Of course I started way north of 400 pounds. Sure it fluctuates over a few days at a time, but I don't pay that much attention.

In fact the only reason I was weighing in the evening was that I got a new scale. I want to weigh in the morning when it is the lowest! :) (and when I can be most consistent in the time I weigh in)

So was that a yes to seeing those numbers before?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Well yeah, lol. You're heavier at night.

I've lost 2 pounds in 24 hours before though. And I lost 4 pounds in 2 days once. But I suffer from massive 'woosh' syndrome (yes it's a thing now) and I don't recommend it, having to pee every 10 minutes all day royally sucks.
  • allenpriest
    Options

So was that a yes to seeing those numbers before?

Well as I said I just got a new scale - so I am more concerned about relative changes on the scale.

My night weight was above where I have recorded before. This morning was actually lower than where I think I was with the error in my old scale (which is why I replaced it).
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Heh, don't you love that? I randomly weigh through the day sometimes, yesterday (if you take my wake up weight as 0) looked like this:

6:45am - 0
    5:50pm - -0.8kg
    8:45pm (after dinner but also after Taekwondo) - -0.7kg
    6:45am this morning - -1.3kg

This is a story of water retention, exercise, sweat and food.
  • briggsykim
    briggsykim Posts: 75 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

H4N4H wrote: »
    Yeah I have started weighing myself daily. I lose 2lbs gain 3 lose 4 gain 2 ect. 1 step back 2 steps forward.

Me too kinda frustrating