Kicking off a new diet and fitness plan tomorrow!

Options
It's been about a year since I discovered myfitnesspal and I've lost overall about forty pounds! I never actually thought I would get to this point but I have and I am very impressed with myself. I am going to restart a new summer workout plan tomorrow that will incorporate some strength training since I've never really done much of it even though I know I should have. Along with a clean diet (I'm trying to go more of a paleo route this time.)

I do have a few questions though.

1.) I see people on my friends list here burning 1,000+ calories per workout and they seem to be doing great as far as their fitness goes. Would doing this say in the form of running/cycling/walking be okay to do in tandem with strength training?
2.) When is the best time to do my cardio for the day? My plan states I should do 15 minutes before strength but I am upping it to 30 because I like to run at least a 5k a day. Should I do this shortly after I wake up and eat breakfast? Typically I run before I eat but since eating before a workout is a must that is how it has to be done.
3.) When should I get in all my protein? My breakfast tomorrow consists of a banana, half a grapefruit, and some organic peanut butter and lunch was salad with veggies and greek yogurt and a chicken breast for dinner. Should I flip the lunch and dinner? Thanks!