Tired of losing the battle

Like many of you describe, I'm really good at starting my journey towards fitness, unfortunately I'm really good at quitting on myself too! Over the past few years I've slowly retrained my way of thinking. I think I'm finally ready to get started and make this my lifestyle, not just another diet.

I remembered when I was in the best shape of my life I was going to the gym every day. So one of my goals is to get moving at least 5 days per week. This means cardio, strength, yoga, whatever I'm in the mood for. Right now, I will only commit to 30-ish minutes a day, I am after all a full time working mother of 2. Time to me and with my husband is also very important part of my balance.

What I like about MFP is that it holds me accountable, which is okay. I'm not giving up cheese, but rather than 4 oz as a snack, I'll have 1 oz, curb the craving and still hit my calorie goal. There will be the occasional craving for a Chicken Mariachi pizza or Jalapeno popper dip that I will, without a doubt, enjoy, but that doesn't mean I don't log it, move on and get back on track tomorrow. MFP holds me accountable, I like that.

So here I sit, 5'8" 170lbs as my starting weight. I have hit overweight on the BMI scales and I see people looking at my stomach wondering if I'm pregnant again. My first goal is to get to 160 by the end of February (I'm counting on losing some water weight). My second goal is to get to 150 by April 15. After that, we'll see where the road takes me ;)

Replies

• moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Tired of losing the battle. The war continues.....and never stops! ;)