advice on muscle gain??

Options
adrianam1
adrianam1 Posts: 15 Member
history of me: i am 21 years old, female, height: 5' 2, 5 months ago i weighed 135lbs and i currently weigh 125lbs. i lost 10 pounds. i would do cardio 5 days a week for 1 hour and i would eat clean foods. i would cheat a couple times. and i would consume between 1500-1800 calories daily....

but now i want to gain muscle...
any suggestions for my calorie intake to be? same? higher?
can you list foods that i should eat?
should i avoid carbs?

thank you!!

Replies

• JeremiahStone
    JeremiahStone Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    You want to make sure you have a strength training regimen, at least three times a week. Keep eating clean and bump up the protein and ESPECIALLY the carbs, do not avoid carbs! Drink plenty of water. Try slow boosting 100-200 cals every two weeks till you get results. :)
  • Seefy7
    Seefy7 Posts: 11
    Options
    Want to gain muscle? Then lift weights. I don't mean to sound like a smart *kitten* but that's what you need to do. It also depends what exactly you want to do. If you want to put on lean muscle definition then you could stay at whatever your daily calorie intake is, if you're looking to build mass (bulk up), then you'll need to increase your calories.

And you shouldn't avoid carbs. They will help your muscles develop and get bigger by retaining water. Also carbs are much needed for some good energy when lifting weights.