Lifting

Options
Nice to see a lot of lifters here. Only been doing it since last winter but I love how great, empowering and accomplished it makes me feel.

Replies

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Nice to see a lot of lifters here. Only been doing it since last winter but I love how great, empowering and accomplished it makes me feel.

Lifting is one of the best things you can do for your body, it's a shame that so many women seem to be afraid of getting "bulky" if they lift heavy.
  • time2cutnow
    time2cutnow Posts: 150 Member
    Options

Lifting is one of the best things you can do for your body, it's a shame that so many women seem to be afraid of getting "bulky" if they lift heavy.

Yup. I've been trying to get bulky for 2 years and these woman think they're gonna pick some dumbbells up and turn into the hulk. :/
  • VeronicaSmith2019
    VeronicaSmith2019 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That I know was such a misleading wives tale..Women get bulky. We just don't have enough testosterone to get bulky like men. What we do get is beautiful lines and lovely, fit, toned limbs. That is what I'm striving for..always reaching..
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    That I know was such a misleading wives tale..Women get bulky. We just don't have enough testosterone to get bulky like men. What we do get is beautiful lines and lovely, fit, toned limbs. That is what I'm striving for..always reaching..

It's also going to depend on your genetics and how much fat you carry to boot, to look bulky. I'm too lean and just don't have the muscle fiber distribution, or large skeleton, to look bulky like many guys do.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Lifting is literally something I'll do until the day I drop dead. It's become such an essential to my lifestyle, I just wish others weren't so afraid to give it a go!
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Snow3y wrote: »
    , I just wish others weren't so afraid to give it a go!

Agree with that.