Veggie/Vegan Open Food Diaries

Options
I am trying to go to a mostly animal free diet and am doing pretty well for the most part, but am looking to incorporate more variety in my diet. If you are a mostly vegetarian or vegan eater and have an open food diary, or if you just have any tips for me, please feel free to add me or reply!

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    For superbowl I'm making baked chickpeas.
    A bit of olive oil, some parm cheese, turmeric, and tony chaterez spice.
    I also love home made humus. The store stuff is full of soybean oil and I'd rather make it myself with evoo.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Good for you to go to a plant based diet! I stopped eating meat in 11/14. I still eat seafood, so I guess I am pescatarian. I don't have an open diary (I don't log consistently, now that I'm in maintenance) but I suggest you use the search feature here in the forums to look for vegetarian/vegan menu ideas. I can think of a couple threads recently that had a lot of good ideas in them.

• justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    MFP "Happy Herbivores" Group has lots of great recipe ideas. :smile:
  • TheMotherAwesome
    TheMotherAwesome Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    justrollme wrote: »

Oh, fantastic - thank you!
  • dcarter1020
    dcarter1020 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Vegan here. My diary is open to friends. Feel free to add me:)
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Hi you can look at mine it's open. I am eating vegan (new to this too). You can add me.
  • idipyoudipwedip
    idipyoudipwedip Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm vegan except free range eggs!
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian with a vegan boyfriend (husband in a week's time!) so my food is all vegetarian and apart from eggs mostly vegan (because anything I cook for both of us I make vegan and anything he cooks is vegan).

You're welcome to look at my diary but my best recommendation would be that anything you think you want to eat just google "vegan xxxx" and you'll be amazed at what turns up. Today I made a fantastic vegan lasagne for the first time. I do vegan quiche, vegan stroganoff and a wide range of curries and stews (just to name a few). I'm not the world's most talented cook so I usually include the word "easy" or "simple" in my searches to find the most straightforward things I can. We don't eat packaged food (apart from ingredients like canned tomatoes) so everything is being made from scratch.
  • lenehreut
    lenehreut Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    HI! :) Feel free to add me, vegan with an open diary :) xx
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    You can add me - I'm pescetarian, open diary to friends. 4-5 days a week vegetarian.
  • PollyEH
    PollyEH Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian about 27 years, slowly becoming vegan, and have an open diary. Please add me!
  • jayla73
    jayla73 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan and I have an open diary if anyone wants to check me out or add me
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My diary is open and I like to think of it as my daily work of art lol. No meat, no cheese, no eggs, no dairy, and no added oils... for the most part.
  • kdrummond565
    kdrummond565 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love Morningstar black bean burgers with jalapeño mustard & Asian slaw!
  • allaraarden
    allaraarden Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My food diary is open to friends and I'd love some inspiration from other herbivores. I aim for around 1300 and 25% + protein, which can be challenging sometimes.
  • tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I have a veggie diary open to friends :)
  • LisaVeganBHScNutrition
    Options
    Im vegan (for 8 years) and have an open diary. Feel free to add me! Im also studying to be a nutritionist so hit me up if you need any advice with nutrition with eating vegan x
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    justrollme wrote: »
    That group has died, unfortunately
  • seekingbetterme
    seekingbetterme Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan and have my diary open! I'm just starting to log again tomorrow though, so nothing posted yet. Feel free to add me!
  • anniebass68
    anniebass68 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm vegan and my diary is open to friends :)