Fitbit users

Options
Hi!

I've been on MFP for awhile, and the online community here is a lot more active than over at fitbit so I log all my food here and just have my fitbit account synced so that my exercise calories come over. It's been working fine for months....but the last couple of days I noticed that it seems like my exercise calories are no longer coming over accurately. Normally if I burned 400 calories during a workout on fitbit, it came over as 400 on MFP. Yesterday I burned almost 1000 calories total in two workouts and nothing came over. This morning I burned 375 calories in an AM workout, it came over as 281.

I just did a light strength training workout this afternoon burning 212 calories. My total for today should be 587 exercise calories, MFP has 487....just refreshed and it's back to 281. WTH!!! Anyone else experiencing odd transfer of calories over from fitbit??

I haven't changed any settings since I set it up either here at MFP or at Fitbit. I even tried un-syncing and re-connecting, and it's still behaving oddly.

Replies

• wyllden
    wyllden Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    yes i am getting similar things, at the moment it's not transferring exercise calories over to MFP (although it's syncing) - I have tried disconnecting and revoking access to reconnect again and all the other troubleshooting advice but no joy.

I have been using MFP and Fitbit together for over a year and in the last week or so - prior to not transferring anything in exercise calories over - it just doesn't seem as accurate or consistent. Very frustrating if you rely on MFP! Any help here would also be appreciated. (oh and i do have it adjusted to negative)
  • jasonhage
    jasonhage Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You may have to disconnect and reconnect both accounts. I had the same issue a while ago.
  • alijroberts1975
    alijroberts1975 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I reported this a few days ago, and this was the response:

Hello Alison,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for bringing this to our attention. We are aware of the issue where Total daily energy expenditure calculation is changing throughout the day when connected to Fitbit. We hope to have a fix in place as soon as possible. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Warm Regards,

Jacen
    MyFitnessPal Staff
  • alijroberts1975
    alijroberts1975 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just saw another post about something similar & someone suggested going into 'steps' on the menu and changing it from 'don't track steps' to 'Fitbit tracker' and this seems to have changed my calories earned back to what it used to be.... Worth a try?!