Which day of the week is best to weigh in?

Options
13»

Replies

• Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Every day when I first wake up, because if I do just one day it might land on the day I'm retaining too much water, lol.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    katem999 wrote: »
    Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Saturday, and Sunday

^this
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You don't want to weigh yourself when you are at your lowest. You'll just get discouraged on a high water retention day. You want to weigh yourself on the same day, at the same hour, every week. Even so it will be a crap shoot give or take five pounds. Do yourself a favor and track your trend on something like weightgrapher.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but log on Fridays since I tend to eat out Fridays and/or Saturdays. That gives me the rest of the week to recover from the weekend and keep progressing before my next weigh-in.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    For me, all of them (I weigh myself daily). For you, just do what is comfortable for you.
  • riverspirit63
    riverspirit63 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day. Keeps me more accountable that way.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Every day as part of my routine.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    TL;dr: Use a trending weight application. Weight on days that end in y.

Understand that water weight fluctuation is normal and varies faster than your underlying weight level does.
    Use a trending weight application to figure out what your underlying weight level is doing.
    Libra--android;
    happy scale-- iphone
    www.trendweight.com -- supported scale, or free fitbit.com account (even without a band)
    www.weightgrapher.com -- supported scale, or manual data entry.

This!

Except I am a nerd technical person, so I then enter all my daily weights into a spreadsheet and take the 5 day average of it myself. I also take the calories/exercise burn from MFP and enter it into the spreadsheet. Then I can manipulate it and do math and make graphs etc. Anyways, entering my weight in the spreadsheet is the best part of weighing every day. I really just like putting things in spreadsheets is what I'm saying.

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,995 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. I track my weight on happy scale. I only enter new lows on mfp. I like to see the trend. I do have a goal number, but I mostly have a goal range. Once I get there I want to be able to deal with the fact that some days the number will be up a little and some days it will be down a little.
  • DrifterBear
    DrifterBear Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I like Saturday morning. It keeps me on track Friday night and then I get to enjoy going off plan a little Saturday night. If I'm not planning to weight Saturday, I tend to have less discipline Friday night.
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    katem999 wrote: »
    Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Saturday, and Sunday

Same here, except I only have oneSaturday in my week :lol:

They're gradually converting to a metric week.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Everydays.
  • Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Thursday is my official day for MFP but I use Libra to track every day. Water retention from the previous weekend should be gone and its before a possible early start of the next weekend.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    My best day is usually a few days after a salty day lol. I never pick a set day to follow and not even once weekly. I know when the scale should show loss if there is going to be one.

It's been more often this week because I had a nice whoosh happen over a couple days time and I was curious.