5K Suceess!

Options
blinker86
blinker86 Posts: 104 Member
ETA: Clearly waking up at 6am today has thrown me off and led to my inability to spell "success" correctly in the title. :laugh:

Today I completed my first 5K event. The one I chose was literally titled "My First 5K" and was established specifically for first timers like me! When I first signed up a couple months ago, I had started following the C25K program but had been having numerous problems with shin splints and side stitches on and off, but I had made some progress. Then, earlier this month I began having horrible gallbladder attacks, setting me back even more. Needless to say, I definitely could have used more training, but I still gave it a shot. The weather this morning was beautiful, and the energy of the race was fantastic. I even had my husband and my niece there running with me. My original goal when I started training was to come in under 45 minutes, and my time today was 45:52. Considering that when I started exercising, I was walking a 20 minute mile, I'd call that a success!

Myself and my husband after finishing the race.
j6r1o3.jpg

My niece with my husband and I posing for some fun photo booth style pictures they were taking for everyone. We also got printed copies of the pictures they took right there!
30kzmub.jpg

I'm looking forward to signing up for my next 5K!

Replies

• algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Great job! Looks like y'all had a fun day together :)
  • momhockey36
    Options
    Congratulations! :smile:
  • elainemorris1982
    elainemorris1982 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    well done
  • MGreensides
    MGreensides Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for keeping at it, a lot of people may have used the health issues as an excuse out. You go girl!!
  • Kurls4Daze
    Kurls4Daze Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Congrats :-)
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you!
  • blinker86
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • dcooper005
    dcooper005 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was there today too!!! Congrats!!
  • blinker86
    Options
    I was there today too!!! Congrats!!

Crazy! Hope you had a great time as well!
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Yay! Congrats
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic - congratulations!
  • sundog10
    sundog10 Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    You did great!! congratulations. I know it took so much work; but your first race is always so special. It looks like everyone had a great day.
  • jlynneh91
    jlynneh91 Posts: 15
    Options
    Good job! It's always a success just to have that feeling that you accomplished it and finished! I have finished 2 races, and look forward to finding another one - maybe once the summer heat is over!
  • BeefyBFit
    BeefyBFit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME! Congrats to you!
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I always say that I notice most every successful MFPer has a profile pic with them wearing a race bib...you're now among the ranks, and I believe without a doubt that you will see your goal weight. Now go out and sign up for your next 5K! Congrats on a job well done!
  • joanmarienana
    joanmarienana Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Love your pics! What an awesome accomplishment; and just the beginning! Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!