Lemon/orange water first thing in the morning

Options
beautifulsparkles
beautifulsparkles Posts: 314 Member
edited February 2016 in Food and Nutrition
I have read a few threads on this site about lemon water, first thing in the morning being really good for you. There were lots of benefits listed (apparently not all of them so accurate).

I was wondering, if I put a peeled lemon with some water in the blender, would that be ok for me? the only negative I read was that lemon is quite bad for your teeth :-( I didn't realise that, which is unfortunate, because I have been adding it to a lot of my food for a few months now. The reason for using the whole lemon, was, the juice doesn't have much/any fibre, but the other bits do. Or maybe the zest?

Or maybe I should use an orange instead? would they have similar benefits?

Is there anything I could put with the lemon or orange to make it taste better/interesting/whatever besides sugar?

Replies

• karlav1394
    karlav1394 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Other fruits! Most of all those "benefits" are woo and all but hey, if it works for you then no ones stopping you! I love lemon water and fruits in my water! Add some strawberries and your water will taste like strawberries! Add oranges, cucumber, mint, whatever you'd like and it tastes great! Come up with your own combinations and see which you like best. Best of luck!
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason you wouldn't just squeeze one lemon wedge into the water, like people do in their tea? That's what I do. I don't think you're expected to ingest the juice of one whole lemon at a sitting. And the fiber from one wedge isn't any big deal. I mean, I can see not wanting to push 3 lbs. of veggies through a juicer and toss the fiber but one lemon wedge doesn't bother me a bit. Probably because I never use lemon fiber for anything, it goes in the trash no matter I'm using it for.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    No benefits, unless you like the taste and it makes you drink more water!

• molepigeon
    molepigeon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I can recommend cucumber and lemon water! Leave it in the fridge overnight for a tasty morning drink.