Abs?

Options
Has anyone lost enought body fat to feel or see abs? I have started to feel my abs and for some reason my core is strong with excersizes i try at the gym. Does this mean I should be able to see my abs soon? CW 184 GW 145

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I think I can see mine...sometimes and well other times I doubt it. That said, I'm 5'4.5" and for me I don't think I really felt like they were starting to make an appearance till I was around 130-135 lbs. That said, depending on height, muscle mass, etc you may notice them sooner. I currently have a trending weight of 123.5 and sometimes I feel like I see them and other times well, I think they are still buried under fat. Now I'm down from 260 lbs (so just over 130 lbs lost) and have a bit of loose skin on my stomach. So it's hard for me to say if the loose skin skews my perception, if my head just hasn't caught up yet, or if they really are still just hiding under a layer of fat. My scale approximates my BF% to be between 22-25%. I know scales can be inaccurate so I'm not sure how close that is to accurate or not.

edit: I should add, I'm talking basic outline here. I might actually have to do a bulk/cut to get anything like a 6 pack showing.
  • HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm 5'7" male cw 155. I've been able to see like the main outline for a while but if I flex I can just see a small definition. This is still far from what I would call having abs. Scale puts me at ~17% but you know how those are. At least if it's off its consistant. I don't expect much real definition for another 10-15 pounds. Still emptying my saddlebags.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Depends on your fat percentage ...abs are generally starting to be visible sub 15% per men ...probably closer to 10%. For women I imagine sub 23% but again probably up to another 5% lower

I have the shadow of abs which is my personally preferred aesthetic for me ...I put my BF around 23% (my scale says 20-21% which if true would bother me as underfat so good job it's not)
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I am 6'5" and 185 pounds. I started at 340 pounds. I can feel them, but I can't see them. I would probably have to lose another 20 pounds to see them.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    5'3 I had visible abs around 105, and very visible at 98.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    10-11% Bodyfat will begin to show them.