Gym Travel Time

Options
How long does it take you to get to your gym/fitness center from your home? What is the max travel time you would do if you joined a fitness center?

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Less than a 5 min walk along the jogging path outside my back gate.
    I do a 20 min drive for my yoga, that is far enough for me.

Cheers, h.
  • parfia
    parfia Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    A 10 minute drive to the gym for me :smile:
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    If I can't walk to my gym in less than 10 minutes, I don't go. Learned that the hard way!
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    10 min drive to main gym, 20-35 min drive to 2other branches I go to classes at; 10 min drive to bootcamp, 15 min drive to pilates reformer class.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    @lemonlionheart I so get that. I love that I can go to the gym at lunch time then walk over again at 3 to try to swim.
    I would be a lot less inspired if it was further.
    It did get a bit tough a couple of years ago when the path was literally knee deep in snow and I had to dig my way out of the back gate. That is a rarity though.

Cheers, h.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    If I can't walk to my gym in less than 10 minutes, I don't go. Learned that the hard way!

^^^^ this.

ten minute walk or few minutes drive (I often go on the way to work). The pool I swim at is about 15 minutes drive from home, but it's on my route home from work. There's another more local pool I go to at weekends. I prefer not driving anywhere at weekends.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    About 2 minutes walk to running paths, 10-15 minute drive to main gym depending on traffic, 20 minute walk to yoga studio. I've deliberately picked a gym that is half way between my work and my home - no excuses!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    10 minute walk
    10 minute drive cos parking
    I only drive when I'm seeing my trainer because he likes to kill me
  • reddeament
    reddeament Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    about an 8min walk. I would go further for a gym with Les Mills group fitness classes - that's one thing I miss about leaving NZ :(
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    gooz71 wrote: »
    How long does it take you to get to your gym/fitness center from your home? What is the max travel time you would do if you joined a fitness center?

do you work for a marketing company? :tongue:

about a 15min drive from my home, but i normally go after work, so 5 min drive to the gym then 10min home give or take.

same sort of travel time for kick boxing/yoga gym.

Everything in my town is less than 20 mins from my house. any more than that and I would be less inclined to go.

• Anlope14
    Anlope14 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    10 minute drive 15 if parking is an issue. Or 20 minute walk. I used to drive but it defeats the purpose for me and I desperately neef to burn calories so if I am not going straight from work I now power walk to my gym. 20 mins average but on a goid day Ii can do 14 mins.
  • francesjones543
    francesjones543 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't drive so it's a 15 minute walk watch way but I count that as part of my warm up
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    5 min drive to the Recreation Center. This is embarrassing. I should consider walking or riding my bike. I'm blaming the weather right now. Sheeze.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    25 minutes, give or take.

but i live in the middle of no where LOL
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    10 min to the gym/pool, 25 min to the Taekwondo dojang. I started there when I lived 5 minutes away and didn't want to change dojangs once I moved house.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    15 minute drive, about 8 miles.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    3-5 min drive, 15-20 min walk.

I usually drive because it's on the way to/from work, but walk on days off.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    12 minute walk
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »
    3-5 min drive, 15-20 min walk.

I usually drive because it's on the way to/from work, but walk on days off.

Same here. I usually drive though, but because I don't shower there and don't want to walk back 20 minutes all sweaty.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    3-4 minutes. 30 if I walked, but it's a narrow, hilly 2-lane road without sidewalks.