First Weigh-in Woes

Options
coramandata
coramandata Posts: 4 Member
edited February 2016 in Getting Started
So, I just weighed in after a week and I feel totally crushed. I have lost 1lb.

I know I could probably do better, but i feel that I have put in so much and the result is tiny. I've been working out so hard I haven't been able to stop shaking for an hour afterwards, and my times in my diary do not include rests I take while working out. I'm doing a Fitness Blender video and the Blogilates workout calendar and Journey to Splits daily. The foods are more likely an over estimate as I never clear my plate or empty my glass and at lunch I take out all sauces. It's so difficult to eat enough for MFP to accept my total calories.

When it comes to water I drink at least 3l a day. I do have a sweet tooth and that is all recorded in my diary, which I've switched to public to see if anyone can offer any advice.

Can anyone help?

Replies

• TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    1 lb./week is excellent and a reasonable and safe loss. You'll probably keep that pound off and will maintain muscle while losing fat. You didn't gain it all at once and you won't lose it all at once. Just keep doing the next right thing!

PS don't let the scale make you crazy! Better indicators are how your clothes fit, how you look in the mirror, measurements, etc.
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I think you are doing great, to do an accurate assessment we need height, activity level and current weight. If I made a guess just to show you how this works a 5'6" female 25 years old at 200 pounds BMR is 1835 calories a day, add in activity (multiply by 1.2 for a desk job) TDEE is 2202, I see you are burning 500-700 cals a day in exercise and eating roughly a 400 calorie a day deficit. So if you are burning and eating a total of 900 calories a day deficit that's 6300 a week, divided by a pound of fat (3500) that puts you at a loss of 1.8 pounds a week. What I don't see is the sodium from all that Mc'ds I would add that, female issues, sodium can wreak havoc on a loss. Its simple math this is 12 pounds of my loss in 30 days, calories in versus out...

jbbad50nv6e9.jpg

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,014 Member
    Options
    One pound a week is excellent progress. Don't get discouraged. Unfortunately healthy weight loss takes time. But you will get there if you stick to it.
  • JScottBldrs
    JScottBldrs Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    1 lb is great I shoot for 1 to 2 a week. This is not a race it's a lifestyle...Embrace your 1 lb and keep doing what you are doing. I do all cardio (Run and Bike) because I can burn a ton of calories faster. Learn to love cardio
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    1 pound a week is good healthy sustainable loss! Why are you disappointed in that? You're doing great!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Time to get some realistic expectations. A pound a week is fabulous. Nothing to be disappointed in.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Check this out and start feeling proud of yourself:

http://www.bodyrock.tv/weight-loss/takes-lose-pound-fat/
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    One pound a week is standard and safe. From what I have read, if you have 65 pounds or less to lose, a safe weight loss is only 1 pound per week. You didn't gain weight in a day a you won't lose in a day.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    a pound a week is really good!

buck up buttercup this is a long road LOL
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Check this out and start feeling proud of yourself:

http://www.bodyrock.tv/weight-loss/takes-lose-pound-fat/

Also, as to your diary, unless you're diabetic you don't really need to track sugar. Maybe switch it up for sodium. There's a lot of McD's in your diary and that comes with a lot of salt and that will make you retain water and hide any true weight loss. After a salty day I'll be up 3-4 pounds.

And eat what MFP tells you too, just for health reasons. A good rule of thumb is to eat back half of your exercise calories just because they do tend to be overinflated.

Best of luck!
  • FantasticRunning
    FantasticRunning Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with loosing 1lb a week! You're doing great!