Sigh.

Options
Argh. I'm craving sweets. Specifically 2 ice cream cones and 2 candybars. (Which would put me 600 over maintenance if I were to eat them) I've been really exhausted today for some reason, and I've barely done any exercise because of that.

This craving started at 3pm, then I decided okay, I'll have some eggs with cheese, protein and fat right? And I'll drink a big glass of water with that and go for a walk. I did that, and now, since 5pm I'm having this same craving AGAIN. I don't get it I've hit all my macros. I'm not hungry. I really don't want to give in, because I'm scared of the impact it will have on my calories, and my digestion, I'm just not good at moderating those things. :(

It's sooo irritating and making me feel slightly anxious to be honest.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    You're craving two ice cream cones? That seems so specific. Are you saying that you know from experience that one ice cream cone or a small dish of ice cream won't fulfill the craving?
  • QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    You're craving two ice cream cones? That seems so specific. Are you saying that you know from experience that one ice cream cone or a small dish of ice cream won't fulfill the craving?

Yes because I have bought those exact things so many times this time of the day. Plus additional stuff. Especially when I feel emotional. But I'm not feeling emotional now. That's what boggles my mind.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Habits are hard to break. The best way to work on breaking a habit is to focus on building a new habit. Instead of avoiding your daily two ice cream cones and two candy bars, focus on a daily walk at that time or something else you would like to replace that.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Ask yourself it is worth it to eat the calories.
    While I was losing, I was asking myself that question all the time. The answer was almost always NO.
    So I would come to MFP and read the success stories. It worked for me.
    Think of how much better you will feel tomorrow for having resisted the urge.
    Good Luck!
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Don't eat it out of habit, but make yourself a deal, if you really want it tomorrow allow yourself one small cone and savor the hell out of it. Have a candy bar in a few days.
    I have had a huge problem of eating out of habit that I am finally getting under control as I realize after I am done with the food I actually don't feel any better for eating it. I actually didn't feel that good when eating it.
  • QueenofHearts023
    Options
    It is probably out of habit. Only when I'm sad though. Which is why this is so interesting to me. I'm feeling fine, neutral - yet still craving my "sad" foods.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I'd been craving an entire block of chocolate
  • QueenofHearts023
    Options
    I'd been craving an entire block of chocolate

Not unusual for me either. Also, a 250gram box of mixed cookies...half eaten as they are and half dipped in coffee... :neutral:
  • QueenofHearts023
    Options
    I feel a little better now though. I ate dinner early. The cravings are still there, but not as strong.
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    way to go!
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    It is probably out of habit. Only when I'm sad though. Which is why this is so interesting to me. I'm feeling fine, neutral - yet still craving my "sad" foods.

It's also a habit though, even without the emotional cues. I do it too! I say if you have the self control have one and log it. Then you don't need to feel deprived but you also acknowledge that you can't fall to that habit to over indulge. You show control by chosing to have one versus destroying two ice cream cones and candy bars :) over time control builds will power which will help you continue to alter your habits with time. You can't expect a years long craving/habit to end in a day, and you will not be satisfied if you continually ignore cravings so find a balance between the two :)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    2 ice cream and 2 candy bars?

seems a lot lol

now i want one of either one LOLOL

but... no calories to spare since its raining and no run for me today so.yeah :(
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'd choose ONE of either the candy bars or the ice cream and work them into my goals. Retraining my brain away from the all or nothing principle has been one of the most rewarding things I've done (if not the easiest).
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Every single time I gave in to my cravings I woke up the next morning so annoyed with myself and regretting it every single time! I try to hold on to that feeling when i want a monster bowl of something that will put me well and truly over my calories.