What is your biggest food obstacle?

Options

Replies

• MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    dimple_gal wrote: »
    Good wine. I can drink a bottle without even noticing

This. Especially hard when someone else is refilling your glass, then I am not even sure how to track!

This x100!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    The fact that I'm a woman.

Which means I can maintain around only 1500-1700 calories.

Which is rubbish.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    All of it. I love food. I love fruit and vegetables and grains and meat and casseroles and stew and chili and fish and seafood and sauces and dips and chips and wine and beer and stir fry and sushi and pizza and hummus and bread and pie and food.

I love entertaining with food and drink. I love being entertained with food and drink. I love to eat drink and be merry. I will gladly eat my veggies (and maybe yours too if left unguarded).

My biggest obstacle with diet is quantity.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Hormones. It's not hard for me to keep a deficit, even after 3 years, but those 10 days a month totally mess me up because I get crazy hungry.

This. It's insane. This week I've ordered out sushi (two meals worth), and chicken fried steak, just while at work. Brownies, full sized snickers, over eating at dinner a couple nights and over snacking while at work. Even a co-worker asked me what's going on. This has all been leading up to my birthday this weekend which means I will be over indulging, a lot.
  • Fitwarrior7_Round_2
    Options
    Alcoholic beverages count?
  • scmajm22
    scmajm22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Portion control, and monthly cravings!!
    I am learning about trigger foods and it is helping.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Portion control, emotional eating, self defeating habits, - you know, the usual!!
  • e_v_v
    e_v_v Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    All sweets. Once in a while I'll go on a sweets-free diet for a month or two, and completely lose my cravings/addiction, but I always tend to fall back in love with sweets no matter what.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    seeing how much food my husband gets to eat and that i WANT to eat that much food if not more. Appetite of a grown man that rides his bike for 6 hours a day :(
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I can't answer your question. I'm not afraid of food anymore. I've figured out what kinds of food I can eat to satiety and what that amount is. I've learnt to eat my vegetables and not fear fat. My taste preferences have changed somewhat. So has my definition of "want" and "full", and some other words I thought I knew :# . I eat anything I want, but not everything at once, and not all the time. I enjoy meal planning, cooking, eating, shopping and even washing up (filing the dishwasher, lol).
  • JediMasterNaw
    JediMasterNaw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Cheese Puffs

Chips with French Onion Dip (I like the greek yogurt version of it, but I just can't stop once I start!)

Pizza cravings
  • serfasc
    serfasc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Having the time to prep the meals I enjoy eating. I honestly hate cutting up vegetables. I also have trouble with portion control when I'm not at home (buffet, appetizer spread)
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Not enough money to buy everything.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Wine. I can easily drink a bottle. Red or white.
    And I'm not one to measure out 4oz which is one serving. My one glass is probably 8oz.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    serfasc wrote: »
    Having the time to prep the meals I enjoy eating. I honestly hate cutting up vegetables. I also have trouble with portion control when I'm not at home (buffet, appetizer spread)

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person that enjoys cutting up vegetables. I have cabinets full of chopping and shredding gadgets people keeping giving me as gifts because they know I cook a lot. They rarely see any use because I prefer to do it all by hand. Even when my husband cooks I usually do the chopping. I find it relaxing.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    1) Portion Control. I really had no idea how much I was really eating until I started weighing.
    2) "Grazing." No idea how much I was really eating (in small, continuous amounts) until I started logging.

Oh, la. My thoughts exactly.
  • abkesler
    abkesler Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    For me, it's soda. As long as I can drink water, I'm good. But give me a Coke and then I need chips, then I need candy.... If you give a mouse a cookie....
  • daltonjsmom
    daltonjsmom Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Sugar. I'm a recovering sugar addict. For real. My coworkers keep swedish berries and chocolate out and visible in the office. It's a constant battle trying to convince myself not to devour the whole jar.[/quote

The struggle is real. I would probably have to quit this job. Not kidding. At our house, any kind of sweet has to live in the basement family room kitchen or it goes in the trash. I am finished with the old ways of eating.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    veggies I eat like 10 servings a year..