Over 200Lbs to Lose. Support Needed for my long journey.

Options

Replies

• BunBun85
    BunBun85 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and started out at 316lbs with 211lbs that I wanted gone. I'm down to 159.2 as of this morning so I still have around 54lbs to go. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • error404restartnow
    Options
    I sent a friend request....and offer my support and friendship to anyone else out there in a similar sitiation. I am over 400 and trying to take this journey 1 day at a time.
  • nlkratzner
    nlkratzner Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just love all the support. I am in week 2 of my journey and I feel better and it maybe slow going. But I have faith. And with all the encouragement that I am getting it is making it ALOT easier. Thanks everyone.
  • ntate713
    ntate713 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You've gotten past the first week. You can do this. Just take it day by day.
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    Options
    Hi. I also have a lot of weight to lose and have struggled for most of my life. I've been on many different diet plans and this one seems to work the best for me because it's more of an overall lifestyle change than a restrictive diet. I can still eat most of the foods I want, just in smaller portions which is really where I need the help. I would play around with your calories until you find an amount that works for you. I'm not sure the MFP calculations are correct for people who have a lot of weight to lose. I think it's a great starting point and you can make adjustments accordingly. You are going to mess up and have bad days, the key is getting right back on track and sticking with it. Feel free to add me!
  • nlkratzner
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I love the food calculator. It helps me track what I am doing and honestly helps me make better choices.
  • Mmarst
    Mmarst Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Will send a friend request! I have 210 to lose, so will be here for the foreseeable future! Let's have some FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • happykee
    happykee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have 125 to lose. I am 54 and find it very difficult to lose. I would love to be part of your journey. Would love to have friends who struggle with losing weight.
  • Cambridge727
    Cambridge727 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Feel free add I been on here for little over a month started at 330. My current weight is 322 now and I'm 5ft 4inches. So let's motivate each other we can do this together
  • worddigger
    worddigger Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new journey! Each day meeting my goals gives me hope that this weight will come off. You will find what works for you. Small changes add up to big results, I have found...not as overwhelming either.
  • Aukeilagirl
    Aukeilagirl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of weight to lose also. I started off with needing to lose 180lbs. I have already lost 50lbs and I see a big difference. I stick with the calorie deficit mfp sets for me. It holds me accountable and helps me make healthy choices and I also try to eat back my exercise calories. I eat between 1500 and 2000 calories a day. I try to eat 6 times a day. I'm no expert but it works for me. I love to support and encourage other people. I also invite all the support I can get. You can add me if you want. Good luck on your journey.
  • queenkim_3
    queenkim_3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey I started out at 324 I'm now 313 in one week .its. Had road but you can do this ladies you can add me so we can stay motivated together
  • Ardentoak
    Ardentoak Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm so glad I found this thread! This is Day One for me. As of my doctor's visit a little over a week ago, I'm 5'5, 338 lbs, and have a goal weight of 150 lbs (though I'm open to seeing how I feel when I'm in the 160-170 range). That's 188 lbs to lose. I'm ready to do this! I watched my Mama die of obesity related diseases, and I don't want that to be my fate. I'm 43, and, right now, have absolutely no health problems besides my weight and a history of depression and anxiety.

My doctor suggested that I try using Contrave, so for the first time ever, I'm taking a prescription weight loss med. I just took the first dose. If anyone has feedback on it, I would love to hear it.

My plan is to stick to the MFP calorie suggestions and to get some movement - starting with riding my bike around the neighborhood, alternating with gentle yoga - for 5 or 6 days per week.

I would love for you all to add me! The more friends who are in the same situation, and who understand, the better! Nice to meet you!
  • worddigger
    Options
    Hey guys, I am struggling with around 40 pounds or so...would love to give, and receive support! I am recovered from an eating disorder, and am finally on my way to myself again. Accepting ourselves at whatever weight we are is the most important thing, as it's all love that gets us to where we want and need to be. Best to you all on your journeys to happiness and good health!!
  • jennagreenstreet
    Options
    As of right now I have about 200 lbs to lose..It is sooo hard to admit that! I applaud you in your journey, and this is a great place to get that support without judgement. I would like to extend my friendship in anyway I can. And remember if you have a bad day or moment don't give up..just get back to it. DOn't let it get you down and keep you away from your goals which can be achieved. Good luck! :)
  • jennagreenstreet
    Options
    nlkratzner wrote: »
    Thanks for the encouragement. I love the food calculator. It helps me track what I am doing and honestly helps me make better choices.

This shocked me when I saw how much I ACTUALLY was eating!! It is an amazing tool..Also if you don't have one, I recommend a food scale..also helps keep you honest! :)
  • nlkratzner
    Options
    I am so glad that everyone on here is encouraging and supportive. I am so happy to report that I have lost a little over 6 lbs this past week. And I really think that it helps to have people who understand and can encourage each other. I have set mini goals for myself and I am almost to my first goal. I have about 6 more lbs to be out of the 500's. I would love to be under that by March. I know I can do this. Heck we all can do this. Especially when we all have each other to lean on.
  • nlkratzner
    Options
    nlkratzner wrote: »

This shocked me when I saw how much I ACTUALLY was eating!! It is an amazing tool..Also if you don't have one, I recommend a food scale..also helps keep you honest! :)

I do have a food scale and I love my scale. My husband giggle when I use it. Not because he thinks I can't do it. But that I have the will power to stick with my portions and I guess the weight and it normally is dead on.
  • worddigger
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @nlkratzner Hooray!!!
  • worddigger
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @Ardentoak
    I understand... I lost both my sister and my father to obesity related issues. I am determined and motivated, but struggle...and here if anyone needs a helping hand...