Macros.. higher protein. Can anyone share their diary?

Options
I just changed my diary to public so its open to view. I try to eat more protein and less carbs, but most days my carbs outweigh my protein. I feel like I am not getting enough protein. But maybe I am? Not sure Most days I do eggs for breakfast, salad with chicken for lunch and meat with veggies or dinner. Greek yogurt with almonds and strawberries is a typical snack. . I am currently doing a p90x/Insanity hybrid. My goal is to shed the last stubborn 5 pounds and build lean muscle. I know my diet is really the key here. One thing.. I know most of my carbs are from fruit. I gave up fruit for a while to meet some weigh loss goals but I missed to too much and now I enjoy it within my calorie limits. Anyways, can anyone with similar goals, who eats more protein than carbs care to share their food diary with me? Thanks so much!

Replies

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Hey Melissa! 90% of the time I have more protein than carbs. My diary is open! :-)
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    My calorie requirements are too high for me to have a high protein intake. Otherwise i'd be taking in like 1.5-2 times my bodyweight. And according to "experts" on here, that would be too much. But anyway, my protein intake is around 200g a day on average. My diary is open, check it out for ideas. By the way, i do the greek yogurt with almonds too as my high protein/fat snack. Fruits seem to be the majority of my carbs.
  • stephaniefiteni
    stephaniefiteni Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi Mel, it sounds like you are in the same situation I was in last year when I went from a total of 65-55KG and the last 5KG's was really hard.

I ended up going down to 51KG whilst putting on some lean muscle mass by some key ideas:

Fibre - really important - search up some fibre ideas on google, you'll find quite a few
    Metabolism - there are plenty of ideas found on google, youtube etc.

Speeding up metabolism was one of my key secrets - chilli flakes - cayenne pepper, acids such as lemon and grapefruit, coffee, cucumber just to name a few..

I was on a very similar diet to what you are on now, and it was super hard to burn it off - now thanks to boosting my metabolism I have crazy diet menu's - just check out my last week's worth of food and macro intake and still loosing 1.5KG.
  • ngyoung
    ngyoung Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Try swapping in lower glycemic fruits to lower some of the sugar. I usually try to make any of my snacks involve protein like almonds or full fat plain yogurt. Looking through a few days of your diary you have a handful of good meals that you could revisit and pair up into a full day.
  • justwanderful
    justwanderful Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi. I usually consume more protein than carbs. My diary is open. Take a look.
  • sweetmelissaphoto
    sweetmelissaphoto Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Feel free to friend me or look at mine.. minus this week since I am on vacation but my protein and carbs are very close at my macros are 40/40/20. For the most part I just eat mea5/eggs most meals. You can even simple add a fried egg on top of meats to help.