Game on!

Options
Hi folks, my name is Fabio and my doctor just told me that I need to lose 15 lbs. To which I replied, "whaaaaaat? I'm a home-brewer, consuming calories is my hobby, my creative outlet, it's how I make and nurture friendships!" Nonetheless, he instructed me to start counting calories and recommended the myfitnesspal (or other similar) app. Imagine that, a GP that's not afraid of technology and it's just my luck that I end up with him. Anyway, the use of a mobile app for counting calories may be handy, but it also feels like scorekeeping for a game--at least until the deprivation anxiety sets in, I'm sure. So it's game on! At the rate of one pound per week (by cutting the equivalent of 2 beers per day), I should reach my goal of losing 15 pounds (and probably as many friends) by around mid-May. Let's see how it goes. :smile: P.S. I'm not making light of serious weight loss, just of myself.

Replies

• mdrossmiller
    mdrossmiller Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Don't give up the hobby, just give more away ;-)

Seriously though, nothing wrong keeping some beer intake, just log it, and balance it out wit other foods. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • Imbroglione
    Imbroglione Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks MDRossMiller, I won't be giving up the hobby. Especially since it's more about getting together with my buddies to brew, than the beer itself--which I already mostly give away. As a matter of fact, we'll be getting together this week to brew a new batch (of Wee Heavy Ale) and most likely down a few. Cheers! :smile:
  • Splitbygreg
    Splitbygreg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Drink Boosh. A solid choice for a beer connoisseur such as yourself. Also, I'm sure it's less calories.