veggies 24/7?

Options
Well, folks. I'm at my breaking point; I can no longer live this way.

Is it possible to just eat veggies/fruits 24/7? Because I'm at the point where I just want to quit food & just eat veggies/fruits until I'm at a good weight. Any success?!

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    How much weight do you actually want to lose? How tall are you and what is your current weight?

You'd be missing out on dairy, protein, iron as well as some vitamins and minerals.

What have you done so far to lose weight? And what caused the breaking point?

• veggiecanner
    veggiecanner Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    you can fet B12 from fermented veggies.
  • shawnathan9
    shawnathan9 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm all veggies, tubers, and fruits too. Feel welcome to see my calorie intake and list of foods on my diary as well. I am very active as a result of remaining healthy, NURISHED, and simply motivated to improving the vessel.

The protein issue is so over rated. Have u ever heard of a person sick and fat from a protein deficiency?

Dairy? Hope you know the impact it has on your health and environment ;)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    It seems an extreme reaction. Yes it's possible to have a healthy vegan diet, but it wont automatically mean weight loss.
  • shawnathan9
    shawnathan9 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It seems an extreme reaction. Yes it's possible to have a healthy vegan diet, but it wont automatically mean weight loss.

Very true. Some vegans eat lots of nuts, but butters, soy protein based fake meats, lots is sodium, and oils; The results of eating those types of non-animal based foods puts fat and water weight on.

Plant based foods are proven health full. Hope you sort out what you probably already know to be the wise decision.

• withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    This is more than regular vegan ^^. But yes, for a while it is at least sustainable
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    A vegan diet can be quite healthy. I always recommend a discussion with one's doctor before beginning a weight loss journey and prior to supplement use.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Very true. Some vegans eat lots of nuts, but butters, soy protein based fake meats, lots is sodium, and oils; The results of eating those types of non-animal based foods puts fat and water weight on.

Plant based foods are proven health full. Hope you sort out what you probably already know to be the wise decision.

Those foods will only cause one to put on weight if one eats more calories than one burns.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    OP, by vegetables and fruits, do you mean things like beans and grains also? If you're eating just vegetables and fruit (excluding grains, beans, and nuts), I would be concerned about meeting your protein needs. A diet of just fruits and vegetables could also have the potential to be too low in fat (unless you focused on getting things like coconut and avocado regularly).
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    You can fire sure only eat fruits n veggies but you need PROTEIN.
    Nuts or beans if your vegan.