Meal ideas

Options
Soooooo I have no idea about what not to eat and what I can eat as much of that I want. I would like some help in this area. Maybe some snacks and meal ideas!? Thank you!

Replies

• ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever you want just at reasonable portions that fit in your cal goal. I still eat everything I did before just less of it.
  • BrianRepreza
    BrianRepreza Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It also depends if you tracking your macros . If your not always try to go with protein which mean any type of meat chicken , beef , or fish with a cup of rice and some greens . Try to eat every 3-4 hours and stay away from any type of artificial juice , soda etc
  • 75in2013
    75in2013 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    In the beginning just try to stay within your calorie goal. It doesnt really matter what you eat.

Try to eat food that you find "filling". Stay away from food that will make you hungry again in a short time (e.g. sodas, sweets, white bread etc.)

Anything high in protein or with a lot of fibre is usually a good start.

• SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of recipes from Pinterest. One of my favorite go-to's is a mini pizza. I buy frozen naan from trader joes (230 calories), part skim mozzarella (2 ounces, 90 calories), turkey pepperoni (calories very depending on how many you use) and chopped veggies. Trader Joes pizza sauce too (30 calories). Add on a salad and its all under 500 calories. Here's a pic from last night minus the veggies as I ran out. jp4bwpxdy5v5.jpeg
  • Jbell0213
    Jbell0213 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of recipes from Pinterest. One of my favorite go-to's is a mini pizza. I buy frozen naan from trader joes (230 calories), part skim mozzarella (2 ounces, 90 calories), turkey pepperoni (calories very depending on how many you use) and chopped veggies. Trader Joes pizza sauce too (30 calories). Add on a salad and its all under 500 calories. Here's a pic from last night minus the veggies as I ran out. jp4bwpxdy5v5.jpeg

That looks so good
  • TheLittleRedHairedGirl
    Options
    I've tried a few recipes from www.skinnyms.com with pretty good success. Smartfood makes a smartfood delight popcorn that's 35 calories per cup, and it's pretty good.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Nothing is off limits. You can eat anything you want, but if you are overweight, chances are you can't eat anything in the quantities you want right now. But - you can train yourself, your habits, your attitudes, to want to eat what is good for you in quantities that are right for you.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    Options
    @jbella99 it's excellent and (for me) the perfect amount. If you like buffalo chicken you can also shred some chicken and use blue cheese crumbles. Tons of variations a person could do.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    Options
    Here is another one. 4-6 ounces of chicken, a little shake and bake, tomato sauce and a slice of provolone cheese. You can add on a small bit of whole grain pasta or a salad if you want. Using the right portions you'll come in under 600-700 calories. Good for a hearty, filling dinner.9zophvkbr8sa.jpeg
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    For dinners I pick my meat/protein and plan around that. Vegetables will be chosen based on what is on hand because fresher is better.

Carbs are rotated between rice, potatoes (sweet or white), breads and pasta.

The final decision is whether to make it Hungarian, Meat-n-Potatoes, Italian, Chinese, Mediterranean, or Mexican.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Lunch is typically based around leftovers from the night before, maybe in a wrap.

Breakfast might be dressed up oatmeal or an egg based dish.
  • jgnatca
    Options
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    There's like a million websites with recipes and meal ideas...like literally a million...probably more.
  • BrideSept2017
    BrideSept2017 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I would suggest figuring out what your favorite foods 'cost' calorie wise, and portion and plan so you can continue to eat them occasionally. After all, if you deprive yourself of these constantly, you are more likely to slip up, binge, or give up completely.

Veggies are generally low calorie, and are useful for filling your plate (and your stomach!) without going over your daily calories.

Adding extra egg whites is a good way to add more volume to scrambled eggs without adding too many calories.

Try eliminating or reducing the amount of butter and oils you use in cooking; these calories add up!

Whatever you choose to eat, make sure to log EVERYTHING, and try to stay at or near your calorie goal. Once you get going, you're sure to find plenty of delicious, calorie-savvy meals that work for you.

Good luck on your journey, and feel free to add me!
  • phyllis731
    phyllis731 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I really like broth-based soups with plenty of vegetables and a protein as well as salads with vegetables, black beans, and protein (usually chicken).