Move Your *kitten* Challenge July 2013

Options
bluiz13
bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
Okay *kitten* movers, here's the new thread for the July 2013 Move Your *kitten* Challenge.....

The first MYAC thread was in November 2010 and has been going strong and growing more and more each month.....Welcome to the newbies and welcome back to the oldies

1. Set your goal....distance ONLY (Miles or KMs) - NO minutes, NO # of workouts, NO # of steps - DISTANCE ONLY.
2. Make your ticker if you want to use one (see directions below) or add your goal to the thread.
3. Get moving your @ss starting Monday, July, 1st.
4. Post as often as you can to the thread so we can keep the sheet (see link below) up to date. You are welcome to report what you are moving each time BUT please make sure you post the TOTAL Miles moved each time you update.

Please do not post any June miles here...Sara, Janet and I will update our June spreadsheet when the month ends and Dino will do his fancy **** to give us all the awesome stats :) Please add only July goals/miles to this thread.....

The goal is to set a distance goal KM or Miles and track your distance for the month - please only do one or the other...if you are doing KM just report in KM - we have a formula in the spreadsheet that will convert it to miles for us...you are challenging yourself, not competing against anyone else.....the distance can be on a treadmill, the stairmaster, the elliptical, the bike, roller blades, walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming (if you can measure).....Just set a distance goal and do the work...Sorry we will not be tracking number of workouts or minutes moved on this challenge - ONLY distance....

Report to the thread often to keep us updated because we track our info on a spreadsheet (see link below) so you can see how you are doing compared to the group but not to compete with them....the idea is to set your goal and reach it before the end of the month....

Once the thread hits 500 posts it will roll to a 2nd, 3rd and sometimes 4th part. Click the link on the last post that says next part to post your update.

Welcome to all - new and old.....have a great month challenging yourself....

Link to the google spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As57uSwFQUGJdC1OU0dvNEdQSXpWQzhfYjdTb1plWnc#gid=93

Directions for making a ticker:
Go to tickerfactory.com and create a weight loss/fitness ticker (link is lower left side of page). Then copy the BB code and paste it into your posts on this thread each time you do an update.

Replies

• kaycevaughan
    kaycevaughan Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My goal for July is 60 miles
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Missed June but I'm back for July - will be travelling a lot so shooting for 100 miles - Thanks so much!:flowerforyou:
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    I got close to 40 so this time I will crush it. :angry:

Forty miles please.
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Going for 110 miles for July.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I want in for a goal of 186 miles. Thank you.
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Need something to help keep me going, so will join in - Going to start small at 30 mils, and see how I do with this.
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Woot Woot.. I have been enjoying this challenge.. I am in for July for sure.. Think I am going to keep the same goal of 150 miles for July..
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 300 miles! :noway: I had been really lazy the past week and a half with not biking much, but I plan on doing a lot of it in July.

exercise.png
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Woot Woot.. I have been enjoying this challenge.. I am in for July for sure.. Think I am going to keep the same goal of 150 miles for July..

exercise.png
  • Turnaround2012
    Turnaround2012 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

Goal for July 2013 - 75 miles
    (I am rehabbing my twisted ankle and I have to ease back into things)

exercise.png
  • kinu21_82
    kinu21_82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Count me in for another 100 miles

exercise.png
  • michaelamira24
    Options
    I'm in

exercise.png
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    I'll go 100 miles again, please! This will be tough, since I am going to be on vacation through most of the month. But I'm confident that I can walk at least five miles a day while we are hiking/sight-seeing.
  • Pebbles91909
    Options

blk-exercise.png
  • animefan914
    animefan914 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I am going for 150mi again this month.
  • cassie_golden
    cassie_golden Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    First time doing this it sounds fun!! I think I'm going to try for 60 miles.

exercise.png
  • sweetk1969
    sweetk1969 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My goal for July is 200 miles
  • JennyKCarty
    JennyKCarty Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    June was my first challenge. I'm going to push it in July with 150 miles!
  • joy492
    joy492 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you for setting up the Move Your *kitten* Challenge for July 2013. My goal is to bike / walk 120 miles for the month of July.

Good luck to all who are participating in the Move Your *kitten* Challenge!