Trying to get started again- now with added health problems! Any help?

Options
Hello all,

I'm not 'new' here but it's been a long while since I did this and took things seriously. I am 25, from Portsmouth, England. A few years ago I started at 12 stone and lost 2 and a half to get to 9 st 3lbs. Due to mobility issues (I suffer from hypermobility and fibromyalgia) and currently un-diagnosed hormone problems I found the weight came back quite quickly and I'm now sitting back at 11 stone and want to get a handle on things before I end up back where I started.

I'm looking for friends who will be able to help motivate me and support me through this. Anyone else dealing with health problems?

Look forward to meeting you all!

Lauren

Replies

• KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi Lauren! Feel free to add me if you would like. :)
  • arizonanewbedford
    arizonanewbedford Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am also dealing with health issues which actually caused me to gain quite a bit of weight. I have lost some but had kind of took a break and am trying to lose again. I am sorry you have those issues, I know how painful and draining fibro can be- I have An aunt who suffers greatly :(. But I also have a friend who found great relief from it by taking meds and changing her lifestyle. Anyway i hope you are finding a happy place to be
  • ElleMac114
    ElleMac114 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for your responses. Obviously the fibro is a challenge as it makes it difficult to do daily tasks let alone try and exercise. I was doing quite well getting to the gym 3-5 times a week and keeping things on track that way but a flare up and bout of fatigue has meant that I haven't worked out in about 4 months. Hence the piling of weight back on I think. I want to try and introduce some small workouts like a DVD or a walk but my focus really needs to be getting my diet back on track. It's been easy to resort to Pizza Hut, Indians or Chinese when tiredness makes cooking unappealing but I know I feel better when I eat better so that's where I aim to start.

What's your plans?