Is it safe to stretch?

Options
After working out for about 10 hours this weekend and partying on both Friday and Saturday night, my body is sore!! There were cool down/stretch segments in each class but I think spending 4 hours in car on the way home has left me with really tight muscles. I have tried stretching (my calves are the main problem) but it's really painful. Should I try and push through it?

NB: I was at a fitness and party weekender - I don't work out this much usually!

Replies

• mfanyafujo
    mfanyafujo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Don't stretch your muscles when you are cold. Warm up, do some exercises, and then stretch. A good stretch (that makes you more flexible) is going to hurt, but I find that it also really helps with muscle soreness.
  • honeyvee89
    honeyvee89 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Don't stretch your muscles when you are cold. Warm up, do some exercises, and then stretch. A good stretch (that makes you more flexible) is going to hurt, but I find that it also really helps with muscle soreness.

I think I'll go to Zumba tonight to warm up again and then spend a good amount of time stretching afterwards.