Would like to chat with those underweight or previously and trying to get to a healthy weight

Options
I started my current job this time last year it's a high paced environment where I walk a lot and lift a fair amount. I was about 140 but then started losing weight quickly. At first I didn't mind I just bought belts and smaller clothes but then the middle of last summer I was buying new pants biweekly so I checked and found I was below 100 so I tried eating as much as I could which was hard but was able to gain up to 100 by August and maintain it up to December. I dropped to low 90s and started sticking snacks in my pocket for work because a size zero was too big and I couldn't get myself to start shopping in the children's section for the umpteenth time.(Most of my work shirts are boys and I didn't want to add the list of money wasted.) My problem? I almost have no one to talk too about this that I never was a fan of sweets that meats and veggies and cheese were my main staples prior to this job. Now? I once a day try to eat "junk" like dark chocolate almonds or cake with fruit just to reach my calorie intake because I don't like bread or pasta. Between coworkers and friends everyone is trying to lose weight and some act as if it's positive that I seem so slender. For 5ft 2in I should be starting at 100 this past month I've fluctuated between 96 and 94lbs. How do I gain/maintain 100 again? Is there something I could add to my diet? I also find myself tired of eating is there a way to overcome that?

Replies

• lilbeclamb
    lilbeclamb Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hello, maybe try to eat more calorie dense foods like peanut butter or avocados, these will help you reach a good enough calorie intake:) good luck!
  • letsgain01
    letsgain01 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm clicking to add you. I'm 5'4 and was 106 when I started getting to gain weight again. I don't know what I am now but I can tell I've gained. We can look at each other's diaries for "inspiration". Also, pecan halves and nutrament are my go to "fillers" on days where I really can't eat that much (my stress induces nausea).
  • tiffanyaiv
    tiffanyaiv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I would be willing to chat and discuss :)
  • meeh5373
    meeh5373 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

@Lilbeclamb thank you I'll be sure to add peanut butter possibly avocado?(I've never had that before) over the soda I've been drinking.(It fills me up when I'm not hungry but it's pretty useless in my weight gain.) @letsgain01 I've accepted the request and will look into pecan halves because I also tend to eat less when stressed out. I make up for it with crackers or mini quesadillas but I appreciate the input of something more substantial for a substitute. I'll definitely check out your diary because I'm excited to hear others have been gaining.@tiffanyaiv I'll send you a request maybe share recipes?
  • letsgain01
    letsgain01 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    meeh5373 wrote: »
    @Lilbeclamb thank you I'll be sure to add peanut butter possibly avocado?(I've never had that before) over the soda I've been drinking.(It fills me up when I'm not hungry but it's pretty useless in my weight gain.) @letsgain01 I've accepted the request and will look into pecan halves because I also tend to eat less when stressed out. I make up for it with crackers or mini quesadillas but I appreciate the input of something more substantial for a substitute. I'll definitely check out your diary because I'm excited to hear others have been gaining.@tiffanyaiv I'll send you a request maybe share recipes?

Avocado is pretty bland so you'll want to add stuff to . Like salt. Or adobo. Our anything that actually has flavor lol

Also I was starting to think I'd never be able to gain weight again until I started tracking. I've gained weight using this app about three times now.

I also semi religiously stalk these forums to get new ideas. Someone recently suggested to me getting some coconut or olive oil and mixing with milk if I really need to. I was warned that the olive oil option isn't yummy so I haven't tried that yet since olive oil is all I have.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    meeh5373 wrote: »
    I started my current job this time last year it's a high paced environment where I walk a lot and lift a fair amount. I was about 140 but then started losing weight quickly. At first I didn't mind I just bought belts and smaller clothes but then the middle of last summer I was buying new pants biweekly so I checked and found I was below 100 so I tried eating as much as I could which was hard but was able to gain up to 100 by August and maintain it up to December. I dropped to low 90s and started sticking snacks in my pocket for work because a size zero was too big and I couldn't get myself to start shopping in the children's section for the umpteenth time.(Most of my work shirts are boys and I didn't want to add the list of money wasted.) My problem? I almost have no one to talk too about this that I never was a fan of sweets that meats and veggies and cheese were my main staples prior to this job. Now? I once a day try to eat "junk" like dark chocolate almonds or cake with fruit just to reach my calorie intake because I don't like bread or pasta. Between coworkers and friends everyone is trying to lose weight and some act as if it's positive that I seem so slender. For 5ft 2in I should be starting at 100 this past month I've fluctuated between 96 and 94lbs. How do I gain/maintain 100 again? Is there something I could add to my diet? I also find myself tired of eating is there a way to overcome that?

Hey, you should discuss this with your doctor, doctor would recommend a nutritionist to meet with and go over everything.

My guess from what you've written is that you need to eat more foods that are high in calories, peanut butter, all nuts, ceasar salad, burgers, fries..... list goes on and on. You don't have to eat "junk" food like chocolate and chips. hell don't eat anything you don't like.

Anyways, doctors, go, now!, ask same thing above! have awesome weekend sir/miss!
  • cgchow
    cgchow Posts: 10 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm having a really similar issue! 5'4 and fluctuate between 96 (in the mornings, usually) and 100lbs (usually after eating a ton). I used to be 112 or so before the loss (depression).

Do you know about how many calories you eat per day or used to eat before dropping to the low weight?

I'm at around 1800 and can't seem to gain...

I hope things work out for you! I'm sure they will :) Keep us up to date!

xx CC
  • jazzsnazz
    jazzsnazz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Find your maintenance caloric intake by weighing yourself everyday then pump it up 250 calories to start
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    OP, it is obviously bothering you that you kept loosing and having trouble getting back up to just 100 pounds.

Your situation maybe not be "classic" eating disorder, but you do have classic signs. All be it, being to busy to eat, walking all of your weight off due to your job, maybe job stressors, etc. are excuses for taking proper care of yourself and more over not taking the time to eat enough calories to keep your weight in check will only get worse. And being too tired to eat... These re classic signs...

You are on a calorie counting site and I am not sure why. I might can understand that you want to know just how little calories you are getting in the beginning, but to stay here and keep counting makes little sense to me.

I may sound harsh or not compassionate and I can clearly say that I am not. I can point out exactly what I see happening in the short post you made.

So you keep eating what you were eating before you lost weight. Enjoy all the foods you liked then and now and you eat regularly during the day. You do this consistently until you back up to your weight.

I will say that peanut butter can add 180 calories or so, each 2 tablespoons. This is something you can do a couple of times a day or three times a day. Heck, eat it on graham crackers (this will be another 160+ calories per serving).

Being too tired to eat (I don't get being too tired, other than you do not have energy to eat???) Well if you eat, you might not be tired to eat... and again classic classic signs. Perhaps you need to get off the calorie counting site and please seek family help and moreever a doctor or therapist if you cannot pull your self out of this on your own.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I agree with adding more nuts into your diet. Some nut varieties are very calorie dense, so you wouldn't have to eat a whole lot to get in more calories.

gia07 wrote: »
    OP, it is obviously bothering you that you kept loosing and having trouble getting back up to just 100 pounds.

Your situation maybe not be "classic" eating disorder, but you do have classic signs. All be it, being to busy to eat, walking all of your weight off due to your job, maybe job stressors, etc. are excuses for taking proper care of yourself and more over not taking the time to eat enough calories to keep your weight in check will only get worse. And being too tired to eat... These re classic signs...

You are on a calorie counting site and I am not sure why. I might can understand that you want to know just how little calories you are getting in the beginning, but to stay here and keep counting makes little sense to me.

I may sound harsh or not compassionate and I can clearly say that I am not. I can point out exactly what I see happening in the short post you made.

So you keep eating what you were eating before you lost weight. Enjoy all the foods you liked then and now and you eat regularly during the day. You do this consistently until you back up to your weight.

I will say that peanut butter can add 180 calories or so, each 2 tablespoons. This is something you can do a couple of times a day or three times a day. Heck, eat it on graham crackers (this will be another 160+ calories per serving).

Being too tired to eat (I don't get being too tired, other than you do not have energy to eat???) Well if you eat, you might not be tired to eat... and again classic classic signs. Perhaps you need to get off the calorie counting site and please seek family help and moreever a doctor or therapist if you cannot pull your self out of this on your own.
    Considering that she is trying to gain afterall, I would not call this an eating disorder situation. I mean, she said at one point she was trying to eat as much as she could. Having a job that requires ample physical activity is not the same thing as intentionally doing lots of exercise just to burn calories. It seems like she is trying, but I think it's important to keep in mind that for some people this is not an easy situation to reverse due to the amount of effort required.