100+ journey

Options
200pax
200pax Posts: 1,037 Member
Just starting on a 100+ pound loss journey. I'm 37, M, from Los Angeles (originally from India). Starting weight is 318 pounds. Looking forward to better health, energy and overall well being.

Please feel free add me. Journey is going to be tough but rewarding, let's enjoy it together.

Replies

• bubbajoe1066
    bubbajoe1066 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    on the same journey ..looking to drop 100 lbs myself....actually i'm down 20 lbs in 36 days so its now 80.. this is the place to do it in... wish you the best of luck.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on making a decision to help YOU. Take one step at a time. Educate yourself about weight loss and food logging here on MFP - read all the sticky posts at the top of each forum. Make only those changes you feel you can sustain, forever, which is a long time. Take pics and measurements today. Update them about once a month. Set a plan, establish habits, then follow the habits instead of waiting to "feel motivated." It's a long and interesting journey, sometimes harder than we would like, but it can be done. You can do it, just as many many people here have already done!

67388953.png
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Welcome...check out this group....http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3322-100-pounds-with-no-surgery

Get yourself a good digital food scale, read labels, weigh, measure & write what you bite
    Make small goals, stick with it. It is do-able. One day, one pound, one step at a time.
    d9qyait8jht7.png
  • 200pax
    Options
    Thank you so much all for taking time to respond to me and your advice, encouragement, wishes .. !!

Building sustainable habits is the key I take!
  • salaita1968
    salaita1968 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    8 months journey you can do it
  • 200pax
    Options
    That's incredible .. congratulations Salaita .. 8 months it is I guess at the min :)
  • stumpjumperwv58
    stumpjumperwv58 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am day 2. I am going to loose 100lbs on my journey also. Started at 273 my goal is 173.
    My biggest problem is lack of movement over the years. So I am starting with walking 30 min a day min.
    I wish you all success.
  • faidwen
    faidwen Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Last January 1st (2015) I weighed 310, today I weigh 155. KEEP at it, and remember it is NOT linear!!! And never, ever, ever get discouraged!!!!!! IT IS WORTH IT!!!
  • 200pax
    Options
    wow .. faidwen .. you are an inspiration!

stumpjumper - wishing you the best too .. let's do it and start living!