Good granola bars

Options
Good healthy granola bars. No protein bars really.. Looking to lose weight and I already have the necessary protein that I need fit into my food schedule.

Replies

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    How do you define "good healthy"?
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I love Lara bars. Not really "granola" but fruit and nuts. 100% natural.
    For more a "granola" feel (think oatmeal base) I like Bare Naked brand. They have a yummy chocolate chip peanut butter. Kinda high in calories so sometimes I eat just half.
  • carlykay42
    carlykay42 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love Kind bars! They're gluten free, non GMO and use healthy grains. 150 calories per bar and several options for flavors!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Ditto for the Kind bars. The granola bars I have seen are loaded with sugar and bad fats. I would rather have the kind bar.
  • MrsGreco
    MrsGreco Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I like FiberOne90 bars. Not sure how "healthy" they are but they are amazing and satisfy my sweet tooth :smile:
  • VanCity3215
    VanCity3215 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Why not make protein granola bars? That way you get the best of both :) I know you mentioned you already get your daily protein but still.
  • elykt
    elykt Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Of all the bars I've had Kind are my favourtie. Lots of good flavours, no weird textures, not overly sweet. Or maybe try doing some home made?
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

This is the key question. Usually when people on this board say "healthy" they mean "low calorie".
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »

This is the key question. Usually when people on this board say "healthy" they mean "low calorie".
    Definitely. If you're looking for something to make, try
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/06/low-fat-chewy-granola-bars-with-pecans.html?m=1
  • Melmo1988
    Melmo1988 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I like the kid clif chocolate chip granola bars, and my 5 year old and 8 month old love them too lol. They're the only ones I have found that are vegan. 130 calories.