OMG!

Options
Just checked my blood sugar and it is 110, 2 hrs after lunch! I haven't ever been able to get it below 130! Yay...huge win for me!

Question though...I literally just finished an aeorbic workout and tested immediately...I know exercising can help lower your numbers, but how quickly? I figured it was just a long-term result...?

Replies

• Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Yeh, you gotta eat low-carb, keeping carbs below 100 grams/day, for sure!
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    It depends from exercise to exercise and from diabetic to diabetic. There's been times where I would go from 280 to 80 while doing 45 minutes of fast walking, and there's also times where the same 45 minute walk would keep me steady and I will see a drop up to 12 hours later from the improved insulin sensitivity.

This link has been pretty helpful while I troubleshooted what my BG typically does during certain exercises. The big thing is to learn to establish patterns so that you can adjust for it beforehand (like me having 10g of carbs before I do my morning exercise in order to prevent hypoglycemia)
    http://diatribe.org/sports-and-exercise-ultimate-challenge-blood-sugar-control