Kettle bell vs. Free Weights

Which is better in your opinion to help tone and build muscle?

Replies

• robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Kettle bell is a free weight.

If you mean dumbells, they both have different usages to be honest
  • Margomb45
    Margomb45 Posts: 12 Member
    Both
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    I agree both. I use Olympic bars, dumbbells and kettlebells
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    As stated they are all free weights. There are things you can do with one that you could not with another, but depending on your goals, one might be a quicker way to that goal than another. Personally I use all of them.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Kettle bells ARE free weights!
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Which one do you have more fun using? If you hate one or the other, you won't wanna work out. They both work great, but only if you pick them up. ;)
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    They are all excellent. It depends on what your goals are. You can gain muscle, lose fat, look better with both. Kettlebells tend to be higher volume and have more cardio requirements due to kettlebell complexes with swings, cleans, snatches, etc, however dumbbells can usually get better strength and hypertrophy training (provided you have high enough weights), and you can cut the rest time to work your cardio more.

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Which one do you have more fun using? If you hate one or the other, you won't wanna work out. They both work great, but only if you pick them up. ;)

This^

Weights are great - just figure out what you like to do.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    I use mostly kettlebells, But that's due to not having many other weights handy, other than 2 15# dumbells, which I'm working into my routine as I add more lifting to my routine. I love using my kettlebell, it really ups the toughness of the cardio I do, and helps with muscle building.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    karmaheart wrote: »
    Which is better in your opinion to help tone and build muscle?
    the one you like using the most.

but Robs was correct- a kettle bell by definition is a "Free weight"