What Caused Your Breakthrough?

Options
Hey guys, for those of you that have successfully lost weight or reached your fitness goals, what would you say was the turning point or tactic that helped you be successful?

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Realizing it's all about the math. I can eat whatever the heck I want as long as I am where I need to be calorie wise. I've used it to lose, maintain, and now bulk. All the other "woo" we're bombarded with by the media and fitness industry just fell away. It doesn't have to be complicated or stressful.
  • thatthingyoudoula
    thatthingyoudoula Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Exercise. Just walking 45 min. a day, 10k steps and 25 squats. I track on MFP and eat my calories. I eat around 3/4 my exercise calories because if I don't I get chest pain from potassium deficiency (can't maintain it as I can't keep it in my body as easily as others). I also intermittent fast. That was the first step. I'll never go back to regular eating. It's the beginning of the lifestyle breakthrough. I fast/eat 20/4. I track my walk on MapMyWalk. My life is improving with every step. And I'm toning easily and obviously. Just walking and squats have equaled amazing results and fat loss.
  • thatthingyoudoula
    thatthingyoudoula Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I track steps with WalkLogger throughout the day for getting to 10k. It's fun. You get a gold medal at the end of your steps.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    A positive attitude really helps. You're going to "fail" to be 100% all the time. That's okay. Just start again the next day. Good luck!!