How much do I eat?!

Options
almas512
almas512 Posts: 17 Member
edited February 2016 in Food and Nutrition
Like most girls, I'm trying to lose belly fat and gain butt muscle. I know to lose fat u need a deficit and to gain muscle u need a surplus. So what do I do?! How much do I eat? My TDEE is 2400. I need to eat MORE than this? I really can't. I feel so nourished at 1800-1900. I always eat something every 2 hours! And it's always healthy whole foods very protein heavy. I am steadily losing 1 pound a week but omg... My butt no matter how much I lift just is not improving after 1.5 months not even just a tad. But I really don't think I can eat more than 2400 cals a day. Where is the logic in this?

Replies

• CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    If your eating to lose, you won't gain much muscle. If hitting a calorie goal is hard because of appetite, look at adding more nutrient dense foods to your diet. (More cals in a smaller package)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Choose one goal at a time. Are you overweight? Do you have a decent amount of fat to lose? Keep your deficit but continue to lift heavy and do your glute work to maintain the muscle you do have. Once you get to optimal body fat percentage for a bulk, you can eat at a small surplus to work on growing your glutes. I did this, finishing my cut in November. Since then I've been in a surplus and gained 2 inches to my glutes/hips and they are looking much better.
  • almas512
    almas512 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Choose one goal at a time. Are you overweight? Do you have a decent amount of fat to lose? Keep your deficit but continue to lift heavy and do your glute work to maintain the muscle you do have. Once you get to optimal body fat percentage for a bulk, you can eat at a small surplus to work on growing your glutes. I did this, finishing my cut in November. Since then I've been in a surplus and gained 2 inches to my glutes/hips and they are looking much better.

My body fat is 23%, I only have a little bit of chub but overall healthy. Idk how much to eat!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    almas512 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »

My body fat is 23%, I only have a little bit of chub but overall healthy. Idk how much to eat!

Eat 250 calories below your TDEE. This is a .5 lb per week loss. Slow loss will help with muscle maintenance. Because the deficit is very small, there is no wiggle room if you want to see change. You will need to weigh your food on a scale and log very accurately.