Infusing water bottle

Options
Hey friends!

I'm trying to drink more water/less diet mountain dew, and was considering getting one of those fruit infusing water bottles. Recommendations? Thoughts?

Replies

• Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Just bought one myself. Any way to get more water in you is a great plan. Amazon has thousands. Read the reviews well. I'd tell you the one I bought but it's in the kitchen and I'm in bed, lol. Just make sure it's bpa free.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I picked one up from Aldi the other day, it's a great way to use up the ton of limes I had from planning but not getting round to making mojitos.

Mine has a little removal plug at the top which kept falling out so I had to glue it in. Other than that it's fantastic, makes my water taste fresh, although not a massive amount of infusion happens unless you squeeze the fruit first. The water at work tastes a bit suspect (slightly metallic and chalky) so it definitely improves that!!
  • QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Haven't seen those bottles. I'm so used to drinking water plain by now.

But when I want something really refreshing, I usually squeeze lemon juice in water, with a little bit of sweetener to taste. It's lemonade basically, just really low calorie. :)

Cucumber and mint infused water also tastes nice.
  • tiny_clanger
    tiny_clanger Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I love mine - gives a really nice flavour without leaving bits in the bottle. My fave at the moment is infused gazpacho - tomato, bell pepper, celery and a hint of chili, infused overnight.
  • chimaerandi
    chimaerandi Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    That infused gazpacho sounds AMAZING

I'll probably just pick up one of the higher-rated ones on Amazon then! Thanks all!
  • dawn_motley
    dawn_motley Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Mint, lemon and lime water is beautiful! :)
  • tiny_clanger
    tiny_clanger Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I've got one of these
    amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00WY5KCM0

No problems with it, not leaked and seems pretty well made
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    My opinion?

Buy a glass bottle of voss water and use that instead. Much cheaper, easy to clean, and you also get some tasty water the first time you use it. :)

VOSS-Fruit-Infusion-Glass-Bottle.jpg
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Love that water bottle!
    Good for you! Mountain Dew is crap!
    Have you tried cucumber water?? Surprisingly refreshing!
  • TashaaaKayeee
    TashaaaKayeee Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Lemon water is great!