WHY am I having so much trouble ordering from this fundraiser..?!?!??! :((((

Options
MSH2930
MSH2930 Posts: 161 Member
I wanted to order some Rada knives from my newspaper lady. I never actually 'see' her, so I left her a note asking for a catalog. She first asked this past weekend, going door to door selling hoagies and these knives. I first told her, no thanks, but then left her a note a couple days later, asking to see a catalog. She left a catalog and an order form in my newspaper delivery box and I filled it out and left it in the box, asking who to make the check to or for her to call me for credit card info. she did not pick up the order form, she dropped the newspaper off and left my order form in the box.

There is no name or anything, no school name or who is doing the fundraiser or anything.

I know I am probably being 99% paranoid, but I have been burned more than once by giving cash with these types of DS companies, both times with people I 'trusted'.... So, I am a little apprehensive to give her cash and not even have her name or who the fundraiser is for or any information (I specifically asked her name in the first note..even her first name, really..?).

I am sure she just quickly dropped off the catalog and order form but also I am thinking it is near time to get these orders in and I don't want to hold her up, not to mention I have no info on how to actually order other than I guess just handing cash over with no info and no receipt of payment.......?

Should I give her one more chance, or go with my gut and just leave her some kind of note saying sorry I changed my mind..? Although I would feel bad because then I would feel like she might think I wasted her time..? :(

Thoughts on how to handle this one..? And yes I don't know why I always have trouble with these things... :neutral: