Anyone breastfeeding?

Options
Hi everyone. My little boy is 6 weeks old and I have put on way too much weight during my pregnancy! Time to start shifting it! Wondered if there were any other breastfeeding mummys on her for some support and advice? Feel free to add me if you are...it's gonna be a long journey!
Alicia. X

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Are you adding 500 calories for breastfeeding? That baby needs it.
    There is an MFP entry for that. Breastfeeding calories.
  • erinistehawesome
    erinistehawesome Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    What she said! Also a BFing mom, but I am always starving when I breastfeed and tend to gain weight :(
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My little boy is 6 weeks old and I have put on way too much weight during my pregnancy! Time to start shifting it! Wondered if there were any other breastfeeding mummys on her for some support and advice? Feel free to add me if you are...it's gonna be a long journey!
    Alicia. X

I'm at the end of breastfeeding my lo. My advice; eat an adequate amount of calories or you'll have the urge to binge. The urge to binge when you are breastfeeding is a lot stronger (for good reason). Set your weight loss goal to lose .5-1 lb/ week and add in 500 (roughly) calories to account for breastfeeding exclusively, adjust if your supply dips. You can lose weight well breastfeeding
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I added it as exercise, I could never get breastfeeding as a food entry to work.

I made sure to eat the calories, and tried to pack as much nutritious foods as possible to keep me feeling fuller longer.

I didn't lose as quickly, but I tracked my weight with libra. I set my goal at my pre pregnancy weight and the date a year from her birthday. It allowed me see a trend line which helped me stay calm lol