I'm pre diabetic need to loose weight

Hi I need a alot of help I'm pre diabetic [ insuli resistance ) I need help with how many carbs to eat and just diet period my nutritionist put me on a 1500 cal diet with carbs and fruit and stuff I didn't it and worked out and didn't loose anything I need help please I'm 23 260 pounds a girl please anyone

Replies

• Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    I'm pre-diabetic too, you can add me as a friend if you want. We are very close in weight too. I am on the Keto diet and it's helped me lose 40lbs but that is a low carb diet which doesn't include a lot of fruit.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Hi! I was pre-diabetic for a decade, a T2 diabetic for just as long, and finally lost significant weight and my diabetes went in remission. I've had personal diabetic counselling and lots of classes. Learning how to plate my food for a balance was the most important thing to learn at the beginning.

http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fitness/food/planning-meals/create-your-plate/

Also, eat on a schedule. Breakfast at the same time every day, snack two hours later, and so on.

How long were you on the 1500 calorie a day diet? Are you weighing your food?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Hi I need a alot of help I'm pre diabetic [ insuli resistance ) I need help with how many carbs to eat and just diet period my nutritionist put me on a 1500 cal diet with carbs and fruit and stuff I didn't it and worked out and didn't loose anything I need help please I'm 23 260 pounds a girl please anyone

At 260 lbs I would go for a bigger deficit to be honest, if you can stick to it, but 1500 should give a weight loss at the right composition. Something like 75g of protein 100g of carbs and 80g of fat perhaps.

Avoid the obvious fast digesting carbohydrate foods and eat plenty of non-starchy green vegetables.

Do you monitor blood sugar ? that can help you with food choices.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Keep carbs under 100/day.
  • angelicakiser
    angelicakiser Posts: 4 Member
    yarwell wrote: »

At 260 lbs I would go for a bigger deficit to be honest, if you can stick to it, but 1500 should give a weight loss at the right composition. Something like 75g of protein 100g of carbs and 80g of fat perhaps.

Avoid the obvious fast digesting carbohydrate foods and eat plenty of non-starchy green vegetables.

Do you monitor blood sugar ? that can help you with food choices.

My husband got out of the corps so no insurance
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Low carb-high fat/keto diet.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    You say you tried 1500 cals a day and didn't lose weight? How long did you 'try' and how accurately were you tracking your calories?

Accurately & honestly log your calories for 4-6 weeks. Use a food scale, count every little thing. Be honest with yourself. Avoid fast processed carbs, so go more for complex and keep starches to small servings at most.