167891012»

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    OMP33 wrote: »
    MikeAV8s wrote: »
    Why does everyone continue to feed this troll? The best way to deal with a troll is to ignore them.

I'm no troll buddy. I'm just a minority in a group of low-carbed angry people.

Interesting tidbit from the interview @Hornsby posted:
    MC: Especially the carbs, he’s got such a sweet tooth. But he’s found now that if he does cut back on carbs the weight does come down a lot easier than it did in the past. And cutting out foods like breakfast cereals and a lot of the wheat products and bread but still eating enough food – the right food – that he is able to not feel hungry during the day. If you look at his build from the 2011 Vuelta compared to now, he’s still lean but his muscles look a lot more defined. So now he has found a way of doing it . . .
  • OMP33
    OMP33 Posts: 308 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Why does everyone continue to feed this troll? The best way to deal with a troll is to ignore them.

MC: Especially the carbs, he’s got such a sweet tooth. But he’s found now that if he does cut back on carbs the weight does come down a lot easier than it did in the past. And cutting out foods like breakfast cereals and a lot of the wheat products and bread but still eating enough food – the right food – that he is able to not feel hungry during the day. If you look at his build from the 2011 Vuelta compared to now, he’s still lean but his muscles look a lot more defined. So now he has found a way of doing it . . .

Yes it does say he cut back on carbs, yet without knowing his carb intake pre-cutback this passage is useless. He could have been taking in 700g of carbs a day and reduced it to 500g.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Lol. I eat 300 grams of carbs per day. Hardly low carb.
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

208 grams for me today. I don't have the calorie budget you have though.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

168 grams here today. Not low carb. I don't believe in either extreme.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    What's also funny is that what OMP33 doesn't realize is a lot of the people that are disagreeing with you usually disagree with each other. This is one of those cases where you are so wrong that you actually are bringing the community together. Kudos for that.
  • Hornsby
    Options

Long weights session plus 40 mile ride = pizza night. High carb day. Lol
  • Carlos_421
    Options

Long weights session plus 40 mile ride = pizza night. High carb day. Lol

Lol I need to start riding more for more pizza.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    Do I ride cause I like it? Or do I ride to eat? One will never know...
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

Why not both?

mlv2ary3r18u.gif
  • leosmith66
    leosmith66 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My money is on "you eat to ride". B)

A while back I did some research on the proper amount of protein for an athlete to eat. The results are all across the board, as is just about anything else in the evil food information industry. Rather than just "g" or "% of energy", the answer was usually in g/lb or g/kilo of lean body mass. The answers ranged from about .5g/lb to 2g/lb. Personally, I use 1g/lb, because I'm lazy. But a smallish, active young lady eating 150g/day sounds reasonable.
  • saphin
    saphin Posts: 246 Member
    Options

Yes it does say he cut back on carbs, yet without knowing his carb intake pre-cutback this passage is useless. He could have been taking in 700g of carbs a day and reduced it to 500g.

In the interest of proving everyone here wrong, can I suggest that you try throwing a protein shake into your diet every day for a month or so to see if you gain the performance advantages that most people seem to have experienced. I'm sure that this will help.
    To avoid an increase in your overall calorie intake it would be easy to swap your gummies for the sugar free alternatives.
    Give it a try (if only to prove people wrong) and get back to us
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,210 MFP Moderator
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

We've received several reports from this discussion, and I just took a quick look through. I'd like to point a few things out to you guys.

1. We have a report function. Please use it rather than respond to folks who you believe to be violating guidelines.

2. If you wouldn't want it said about you, saying it to/about someone else here is probably a violation of guideline 1 (see link above). Things like 'don't feed the troll' or posting insulting images in reference to another user could earn you warnings.

3. The second guideline at the link above speaks to purposely making statements specifically to rile up other community members. And then we have guideline 6, which speaks to intentionally hurtful posts. All three guidelines have been violated in this discussion. Violation of any one of them could earn you warnings.

This discussion has been closed because it's early and I haven't had enough coffee to clean it up. It may be removed entirely in the near future. Maybe.

Have a lovely day... and Go Panthers,
    JustSomeEm
This discussion has been closed.