4lbs in 4 days?

I started a job 4 days ago and weighed myself the first day and today and I have dropped 4lbs. Is this bad? In the job I have walked an average of 4 miles a day and been eating well. Just wondering if I keep this up if it is dangerous.

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    It's unlikely you dropped 4 lbs of fat in 4 days...even if you were completely starving yourself.

What you're observing is probably a perfectly normal fluctuation in weight due to varying levels of water, waste, etc in your system at the weighing dates.

• RUN_LIFT_EAT
    RUN_LIFT_EAT Posts: 537 Member
    It's unlikely you dropped 4 lbs of fat in 4 days...even if you were completely starving yourself.

What you're observing is probably a perfectly normal fluctuation in weight due to varying levels of water, waste, etc in your system at the weighing dates.

What he said! Not to mention a healthy BM!
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    I once dropped 9lbs overnight because my period was over and I'd eaten a large salty meal two nights before. It was likely a small amount of fat because I was eating in a deficit in the week prior, maybe a whoosh+water loss for me. Probably similar for you, and you'll see it even out. I put 5 back on the next day (water)

Don't stress! It's normal to have wacky ups and downs.
  • dopeheathen
    dopeheathen Posts: 11 Member
    Thanks for the responses I didn't even consider any of those.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,052 Member
    Ya, I dropped 4 pounds overnight when the water weight from starting a new exercise program let go.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,138 Member
    4 lbs of fat would equal approximately a 14,000 caloric deficit. That would be impossible to achieve in 4 days. More than likely just stress and normal fluctuations.