Pregnant and trying to not gain too much weight. Anybody else out there?

Options
So I am almost 22 weeks pregnant and have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I was overweight to begin with and currently weigh 207#. I'm trying to not gain too much weight and eat healthy. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.

Replies

• klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    O, I'm hoping to be in just about the same spot this year (trying to get pregnant but already heavy) and am really concerned about this as well!!
  • kbishoprn
    kbishoprn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was pretty sedentary to begin with, despite the 2 year old. It's been hard being overweight with this pregnancy. Lots of adjustments and little aches and pains. Not fun! I'm only half way there and people asking if I'm ready to pop. Ggggrrrrrr, not fun. I would really recommend getting in shape before hand. Anything you can do now will make it so much easier not only in pregnancy, but delivery as well. Good luck!
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    you can join our group fit, fabulous and pregnant plenty of women looking to stay within healthy weight gain based on BMI.
    Congrats on the pregnancy!
  • kats28
    kats28 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, im 17 weeks and TRYING to stick to healthy eating / some exercise.... But just exhausted & Feeling sick all the time so failing miserably! Lol.
  • LLT38
    LLT38 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I was 28 weeks pregnant last March when I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I was also morbidly obese. I met with a dietician and learned how to eat in a healthy way. I was able to keep my blood glucose levels under control during the day. I had to take insulin at night because my morning fasting reading was too high. I had a healthy daughter.

I am now about 25 lbs less than my pre-pregnancy weight. I have a long way to go but I am on my way. Being diagnosed with gestational diabetes was the wake- up call for me.
  • mistress8956
    mistress8956 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm not in that position anymore (thankfully! Lol) but have been in the past. I had gestational diabetes with my first pregnancy and gained almost 100 lbs!! Omg and learned my lesson. ( I did manage to loss about have of that on my own before they days of mfp)with my second pregnancy I had learned my lessons and gained 27lbs, with my 3rd I only gained 7lb and had a healthy 7+ lb baby. If I'm remembering correctly my dr told me @ that weight it is completely possible not to gain weight and even to lose during your pregnancy just please make sure your are giving your body and the baby all the nutrients that they need. And congrats on your pregnancy!