Cheat Meal : Frozen Yogurt, Good or terrible choice?

AngieFit_xoxx
AngieFit_xoxx Posts: 8 Member
edited February 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey everyone!
Since September I have changed my lifestyle and eating habits.
I do a good amount of cardio first thing in the morning 5 times a week.
I lowered my amount of fats and carbs by eating as much fruits and veggies.
I barely eat any pasta, bread, meats. But I do love some potatoes occasionally.
I have lost a good amount of 35 lbs , but I'm not done with my journey of making my body more fit and lose more excess fat.
Throughout the week I eat mostly clean and count my calories and don't usually exceed my required calories.
I have cheat meals at least 1-2 times a week.

My question -> Is Frozen yogurt as a cheat meal a better option? (Like an entire big cup with toppings (no restrictions)) compared to let's say half a pizza? cake? burgers and fries? etc.
My theory is that it is better than greasy food or even bread, because it goes through my system quickly and its not as hard for my body to break it down as compared to let's say pizza.
I know a lot of sugar is bad, but if my day is clean and with that 1 cheat meal of froyo, how bad can it be compared to other options?
Feel free to be straight up!
I'm simply a working progress! (:

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    how tall are you?

you are not eating a healthy amount
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    pizza/ burgers/ fries over sweets any day
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited February 2016
    700-1000 calories is way too low.

Doesnt matter what you eat for weight loss. "Clean eating" is irrelevant

You're doing a ton of cardio, but no resistance training? You won't get the body composition you want that way.

Sugar is not bad. get that idea out of your head and things will be much easier for you.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited February 2016
    Well, since it seems you're undereating (from the info you gave), feel free to have a cup of fro yo (easy on the toppings) or a couple of slices of pizza on the daily.
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Jesusjohnjames Posts: 378 Member
    My cheat meal is Saturday
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    If you view frozen yogurt as a "cheat meal" I don't think your view of food/food groups is very healthy.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    It's good if you like it. It's bad if you're having it instead of something you like better of same cals. It's up to you what you eat for a "cheat".
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Don't cheat, just fit it into your goals. Cheating sets you up for binging and blockades your road to success!