From 116 to 175 to 137/139. Long journey not over yet! 5'3.5 Female

Options
Sailor_Moon86
Sailor_Moon86 Posts: 48 Member
edited February 2016 in Success Stories
Ive had eating issues since middle school and its a battle I fight everyday. I married at age 18 and was hovering at 184. It was a lot for my height. I whittled down to 116 lbs by age 22 due to stress/anxiety issues, and maintained a weight of 10ish for a good number of years. However, I divorced in 2013 and my binge eating took over for over a year. I found myself at 175 lbs again. When I saw the picture of myself with my daughters (where I'm wearing a headband) in March 2015, I was horrified. I didn't even recognize myself! I was like...theres just no way thats me. So I flirted with atkins and lost about 5 lbs. Hated it. Then fought the binge eating disorder like crazy...because anyone who has it, knows it looms. I successfully avoided it for a decent number of months last year, and began to run more often (4-5 times a week as opposed to 1 or 2x a month). In November I began to feel very ill, and burnt out, and realized that i was slowly hurting myself. I was running about 30 miles a week and only eating 1100 cals or so a day! I was snapped out of it luckily and in January I started to strength train 3x a week 40 min each. And now I eat about 1600 cals a day. Wow! big difference! I would like to run a marathon and want to lose about 14 more pounds so i can be lighter. Anyway, its a lifelong thing, this way of eating. I eat whatever I want, but aim for lots of protein. calories in, calories out. I try not to eat back my exercise calories either. Love this app and these forums. Just joined this week.

(eta: the picture with three different shots is where I was 117/ 139/ 175)

uh15ll8aorgc.jpg
h6i0hftu8azw.jpg
dnbvsbax5qoq.jpg
5oc1cqj4dvn9.jpg
fim7qmm3gvt1.jpg
jlnyabqedjka.jpg
lgyzmib7aurl.jpg
pr0khmt34glt.jpg

Replies

• bnovak226
    bnovak226 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    U look great! I'm the same height and thinking I want to get down to 135.
  • Couleesmi
    Couleesmi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Looking good!! Keep it up! I'm 5'1 and would really like to get down to 125lbs.. Started using mfp at 191lbs which has been my heaviest :( but I'm already down to 185lbs and ready to keep going!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!