Help a girl out Over weight 5'11 & 345

Options
Im 22 and 5'11. I started at 365 on dec. 28th and I'm down to 345 as of now . At 1800calories a day my belly us always growling. What are some tips and advice for going forward in a positive way. With foods and exercise I can make and do at home. I'm struggling and would love some advice thanks :)

Replies

• tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    what did you set your rate of loss to? If your hungry, it's always okay to lose a little slower to ensure that you have enough calories to feel full. Otherwise, I find that focusing on protein, fat, and fiber are the keys to keep me satisfied. I eat a TON of veggies and a fair amount of beans (fiber), I eat eggs, nuts, nut butters, avocados, etc.... (fat) and protein (I'm a vegetarian so I don't eat meat but obviously meat is a good choice of protein for non-veg people).
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Agree with pp. Protien, fiber and fat keep me full the longest. Also lots of water between meals and snacks. I also find it easier to eat smaller meals every few hours. I rarely actually get hungry eating like this. Of course ymmv.

I'm 5'8". Started Jan 6th at 331. I'm now at 312. I generally consume 1400-1800 calories per day. MFP has me at 1990 to lose 2ppw.
  • OhByeFelica
    OhByeFelica Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    what did you set your rate of loss to? If your hungry, it's always okay to lose a little slower to ensure that you have enough calories to feel full. Otherwise, I find that focusing on protein, fat, and fiber are the keys to keep me satisfied. I eat a TON of veggies and a fair amount of beans (fiber), I eat eggs, nuts, nut butters, avocados, etc.... (fat) and protein (I'm a vegetarian so I don't eat meat but obviously meat is a good choice of protein for non-veg people).
    I set it to the 2lbs a week and a goal of losing a 100 pounds to be 250. I thought maybe the stomach growling and hurting all the time was from not eating what I was use to (5,000). I eat a lot of eggs I love eggs. What are nut butters?
  • OhByeFelica
    Options
    Cynsonya wrote: »
    Agree with pp. Protien, fiber and fat keep me full the longest. Also lots of water between meals and snacks. I also find it easier to eat smaller meals every few hours. I rarely actually get hungry eating like this. Of course ymmv.

I'm 5'8". Started Jan 6th at 331. I'm now at 312. I generally consume 1400-1800 calories per day. MFP has me at 1990 to lose 2ppw.

What's a good example of one day of food you would eat?
  • tara_means_star
    Options
    I set it to the 2lbs a week and a goal of losing a 100 pounds to be 250. I thought maybe the stomach growling and hurting all the time was from not eating what I was use to (5,000). I eat a lot of eggs I love eggs. What are nut butters?

Nut butters are peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, etc... basically ground up nuts :lol: You may find that increasing your protein fat and fiber is all you need or you may find that you need to set your rate of loss to 1.5 pounds to give you more calories but still put you in a deficit. I say experiment and see what works for you. Some people need to eat a little every few hours and they find that it helps them keep from getting super hungry. I always make sure to have plenty of veggies because all of the fiber and water content (and some have some nice protein as well) help you feel full for the least amount of calories. It's not uncommon for one of my meals to be a bag of frozen veggies, several ounces of steamed spinach and kale, with some beans and guacamole (measured of course). It gives all of the fat fiber and protein (although, to get more protein you could add some chicken to make it more filling and protein filled). Very filling, lower calorie than you'd expect.
  • Cynsonya
    Options
    Click on my name and view my diary. It's open.

FYI..... Nut butters are like almond butter, peanut butter, cashew butter, etc.
  • ImperfectionFitnessPal
    Options
    Add me as a friend.. We can do this together!!!
  • OhByeFelica
    Options
    Any tips on working out at home?
    Also what gets you going to be energize for your day? :)
  • OMP33
    OMP33 Posts: 308 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Couple bananas or a fruit smoothie.
  • tara_means_star
    Options

If you have internet there are great workouts on YouTube. I've been doing yoga with Adrienne. I also have a Wii and I do Zumba world tour--its my favorite thing to do and I work so hard I can't breathe but its fun.
  • Cynsonya
    Options

For 10 years is was a 20oz RedBull every morning, lol. I'm now 2.5 weeks RedBull free! I still have an occasional cup of coffee but I Iike it light and sweet and am now stingy with my calories, lol. My multivitamin has an energy blend. Green tea, etc. Not sure if it actually helps or not. For some reason the shift in diet and protein first thing in the morning is just giving me natural energy. I'm not used to that, but I'm loving it.
  • tara_means_star
    Options
    Oh yeah, and coffee.
  • Cynsonya
    edited February 2016
    Options
    As for working out, I still haven't started that. I'm on my feet at work 50+ hours a week. By the time I get home I'm pretty worn out. But plan to start walking either outside or on the home treadmill soon.

You could always go for a walk. Do a cardio routine from the internet or a dvd. Lunges, pushups, crunches, etc. The most important thing to start, I believe, is just to get moving.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    actually stomach growling is not a sign of hunger thats an old myth. its just your food being processed,gas or what have you. but if you are hungry I agree with what others say about fats,protein and fiber
  • Ramsaynbarlow
    Ramsaynbarlow Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Getting my fitbit flex was a game changer for me. It really made me realize how little I was moving. Now I get such a kick when all the lights light up and I have hit 10,000 steps. I too am doing low carb and protein and have found it really has curbed my hunger.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Start watching the quality of your food to get more volume for the same number of calories. Think lean protein, low fat or fat free dairy, no added sugars, plenty of vegetables, whole fruits instead of juices, then get some calories from nuts, beans, seeds, and whole grain as cooked grain to cut out excess ingredients in processed food. One of my sayings is that an apple is bigger and crunches better than a cookie.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    low fat and fat free often add extra sugar and sodium to make it taste better. normal fat foods are fine,you dont need to avoid them.I ate them and still lost weight.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,951 Member
    Options

I put in your stats and get 2030 calories per day...maybe I did something wrong, or maybe you did.

How many grams of fiber and protein are you getting per day?
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Slow your rate of loss and thus consume more.

Better it takes longer to reach your goal than not at all.
  • tara_means_star
    Options
    OP are you sedentary, lightly active, active, etc...? Do you exercise at all?