logging weight machines

Options
I am not sure how to figure out calories burned using the weight machines.... The PT recommended 10min to warm up on cardio machine then go through the different machines doing 12 reps 2 sets. I have already figured out how many lbs as it is different for most. Then i can do more cardio after. I can log the cardio but that's it. how do u all do it?
machines would be ab crunch, ab twist, leg press, leg lifts (both ones), shoulder press, bicep curls, other arm ones lol sorry just learning the names

thanks

Replies

• lisa9805
    lisa9805 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I also wanted to know how will I know if I'm lifting enough? when it's time to change. also i feel like weights don't increase my heart rate much so how is it helping lol
  • EllenFlickner
    EllenFlickner Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    not sure if this is the correct, but I have just been logging how long I do the machines all together under Strength Training
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I log the reps, sets and weight under strength..,I do not consider calories burned.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Once you can complete the 2nd set of 12 reps it is time to up your weights.
    (Being older and lacking in muscle I like to do a second day of my completed reps before upping)

You can log your calorie burn under the cardio tab, and track your machine weight, set and reps in the weight tab.

Your calorie burn will not be very high as you take rests between sets. Only eat back 50-75% because of MFP's propensity for overestimating.

Lifting weights isn't for weight loss, it's for health and fitness. It can also help re-sculpt your body.

Eat at an appropriate calorie deficit to lose weight.

Cheers, h.